IronCAD Academy Feedback/Suggestions

Josh

Hi all!

Most community members probably haven't heard from me before, but you may have heard my voice in a video or 20 :D
I built the IronCAD Academy and also recorded many of the videos on it (but definitely not all of them!).

The newest update has been the Command Videos section which you can see here: https://www.ironcad.academy/commands

I wanted to mention that if you have any suggestions/feedback on how to improve the Academy let me know!
Hopefully you've benefited from the academy at some stage.

Josh

I actually ended up making a full video tutorial series for the people I work with that want to get into IC and I was not aware of your videos. Could have saved me a bit of time haha. Keep it up, great work.

- Spencer

• 4 months later...

Hi Josh,

I thought it was time to draw users attention back to this great resource that you've put together, and to share my appreciation for it also.

Like Spencer, we also have our own inhouse learning resources (complete with videos). And as others have already stated, I also think you've done an excellent job of presenting what you understand in your videos.

I've been using IRONCAD for 10 years now, but there is still plenty that I don't know, and some other things that I've forgotten. The opportunity to learn new things is why I value this forum. And your website compliments this really well; with me occasionally watching your videos during coffee breaks.

So thank you Josh, and well done!

Malcolm

Yes, same here, I really like your approach Josh and it's a nice touch hearing the Ocker "feesh and cheeps" accent ( most non-Australasians won't get that ) in the training videos - it sort of brings the lesson 'down-under'

Thanks so much, well done and keep it up :)

Harley

Thanks Tom, I agree it would be great to have an ICD command section with videos to help users, and I have also discussed with @Jonas@Solidmakarna the idea of making a replica of the catalog system that explains the catalog side of things, including all the ICMECH command functions. With the catalogs added it would really start to tie together the IronCAD design philosophy to help users of other CAD systems understand the IronCAD way. 

Unfortunately the command videos take a very long time to make, and the Academy does not really earn me much money. So at the moment (personally/financially) I can't really justify spending much time on it as I need to find a new job/income! :)

All the best

Josh