Spacemouse twitchy when close-up

Kim@AITECH

Hi everyone!

So I searched for topics regarding Spacemouse, but couldn't really find my problem... So, here goes first post! ;)

I finally decided to get a 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse. Love it (after the initial sea-sickness). But, there's one thing that's quite annoying:

All axis-movements feels allright when camera is at a medium distance to a part/modell (yeah, I have the SpaceMouse in granny-gear FYI). When I zoom in for a nice Close-up/detailed view, all movements get Really sensitive! All of a sudden I find myself inside-out and upside-down - totally lost. The opposite happens when I zoom out for a good overview; I have to make really big movements with the mouse to hover around/pan/whatever. 

It feels like something is inverted… or is this how it's supposed be? I'd like the other way around much better; less sensitivity close up, more sensitivity far off...

Enlighten me! :)

On 11/21/2019 at 12:31 AM, Jonas@Solidmakarna said:

I heard from a user that the SpacePilot will work for Windows 10 if you use the old driver 10.4.3

Thanks Jonas! That might be helpful later on. Thought I had the last driver at 6.16.1 but it's working fine for Windows 7.

SpcPilotDrvr.PNG.3e29511e3e0768f570091e1bf36fe7eb.PNG

Edited by Doug Gower

On 11/27/2019 at 9:56 AM, ALAKSELV said:

Im having the same issues with my spacemouse pro wireless. When zooming in close to the modell it will spin uncontrollably and much faster than the maximum speed in my settings.

sometimes my spacemouse movement goes a bit mad, to fix it I click the fit scene button on the bottom toolbar.

11 minutes ago, NCHETTLE said:

sometimes my spacemouse movement goes a bit mad, to fix it I click the fit scene button on the bottom toolbar.

Yep, I've always had an issue every once in a while where the perspective goes outta wack and I have to use the fit scene button. Never figured that one out.

Another issue I had and turned out wasn't the 3D controller. If you edit cross-sections a lot and the view rotates or flips around there is a setting in IronCAD you can turn off. Go to Tools>Options>General Settings>Camera and "Enable Camera Look At during editing" is on by default.

1545959825_turnoffEnablecameraLookAtduringediting.thumb.PNG.ca77c4a64bfd1192d0efa4cdd41178df.PNG

I don't have a 'Spacemouse' but when my earthmouse starts making the scene go crazy, I simply hit the Front View button ( at the bottom status bar ) and that makes the cat go away and earthmouse calms down again. 

• 2 years later...

In 2022, I have a same problem.

It looks like when iron cad receives some values for pan or zoom, Ironcad moves to absolute position of the scene without scale.

I wish they would calculating the current view size.

Funny thing is they already use the current view size at different command.

While adding new shape in closed-up view.

Resize Shape dialog is poped up and you can see that the size changes according to the current view size... 

And in ICD, it is too slow to pan.

I have no idea how to fix it myself.

Edited by Bertrand Kim

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

For me, it was the problem 3D space' size.

1. 3D space' size changes Zoom speed

2. 3D space' size changes Filp axis ( I guess it is flipping the center axis of entire object )

3. 3D space' size changes movement speed

It make sense why Space mouse works well for some people (I've watched it works well in the video Robert Fischer's Webinar).

I experienced this in 3 PCs (Windows10 & 11). 

I'm gonna contact 3D Connexion.

Is there anyone else who works like this?

Kim

Leave the message from 3dconnexion

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hello!

Thank you for the videos and reply!

After some research it was discovered that IronCAD is using an older version of our SDK which is the cause of the issue.

We would be happy to assist IronCAD improving their implementation of control for our devices if they contact us.

We suggest software customers contact IronCAD to inform them of this.

Best,

Craig    

At 3Dconnexion we are always striving to improve our services and we would like to know what you experienced. You can help by completing a one-page-survey, which should take around 2 minutes. Please follow this link to answer a few quick questions about the quality of our support service!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

• 1 month later...

Hi!

At least you've found the place ... to use that! ;)

FYI, Kevin said this issue have filed an ER # 115632!

I can't wait!

Kim

Edited by Bertrand Kim

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/24/2023 at 8:55 AM, ASPEER said:

Has this issue been fixed, or is it still at large?

Hiy Aspeer, Maybe this hasn't been fixed yet

Kim

• 1 month later...

I'm 100% behind this getting updated. It is such an everyday thing that really should get updated. To me, anything that a user has to work around everyday, should be prioritized to get updated. I've just lived with it for so long, that I just accept it, but it really is a constant Pain In the A$$.

Mike

10000 years later...

Edited by Bertrand Kim