Advise on how to add triangular gusset to a pipe?

Aleman15

1 hour ago, Aleman15 said:

Hello! Im having to draw up a 2.375 OD pipe with a 1" 5/16 triangular gusset to widen one end up while still maintaining the original OD. Does anyone know how to do something like this?

Can you clarify what you mean by this? Simple sketch would help.

On 1/19/2024 at 1:40 PM, SSIMMONS said:

Can you clarify what you mean by this? Simple sketch would help.

Thank you for reaching back as fast as you did. I attached the print below, I apologizing for everything being blacked out, it's my employer's wishes. The dimensions of the gusset are there as well as a marking I crudely threw on there to help visualize. What we do is get a 2.375" pipe then split it down the middle on both sides with the table saw, after that we pry both sides to be able to insert & weld the triangular gusset. What this does is widen the O.D of one end and make it more of a "slot" shape to better fit the base it gets welded to.

GUSSET HELP.pdf

Edited by Aleman15

A triangular shape gusset can be created using an intellishape block and a chamfer. Create the block with side lengths 47" X 1 5/16 X desired thickness. Use the "dist-dist" option for the chamfer and then you can drag and snap the handles to match the length and height of the block.

Then you need to position the gusset onto the pipe where you want it using the triball.

If you look at exercise 1-7 at the web page below you should be able to do it :)

https://ironcad.academy/tutorial/training-01

Edited by GNÄSLUND

On 1/20/2024 at 8:23 AM, GNÄSLUND said:

A triangular shape gusset can be created using an intellishape block and a chamfer. Create the block with side lengths 47" X 1 5/16 X desired thickness. Use the "dist-dist" option for the chamfer and then you can drag and snap the handles to match the length and height of the block.

Then you need to position the gusset onto the pipe where you want it using the triball.

If you look at exercise 1-7 at the web page below you should be able to do it :)

https://ironcad.academy/tutorial/training-01

Thank you for the feedback! I think I may have figured it out, I ended up having to sketch both ends of the pipe then draw a center line to be able to use the loft feature. From there I think I should be able to draw the gusset up and use the slit tool to leave the cut in the material? I've yet to try the last step out unfortunately.