Architect symbols in CAXA

emil.rindell

Hi Emil,

For your interest we don't use the many Symbols that come with the Part Library in CAXA DRAFT. In fact, we deselect them during installation now. Instead we prefer to create and use our own custom Symbols (as we're quite particular regarding what we want in our drawings from our different software). The attached image is an example of our Part Library for Structural Engineering Symbols.

Creating your own Part Library of Symbols isn't difficult when you know how, and these can be created using imported geometry from existing DWG symbols (if available).

Malcolm

CAXA - Part Library - Custom Symbols.png

• 11 months later...

Hi Emil,

It is a very simple process and is something that we do whenever setting up a new user. Create a parent "Symbols" folder somewhere on your PC, then direct CAXA to look at that folder regarding user defined Symbols. Part Library will then automatically display anything inside that parent "Symbols" folder. When you create Symbols, save them within this folder. If you have existing Symbols in another location on your PC, or on a completely different PC then simply copy them to this location. See the attached images and video. I hope that helps.

Malcolm

CAXA - Location of Symbols Folder - 20230209a.png

CAXA - Options - Path - Symbols Location - 20230209a.png

Edited by Malcolm Crowe
  • Thanks 2

@Malcolm Crowe Sorry but I do not fully understand how to Define the symbol. So I hit Define when I have the symbol I wanted. See attatched for example. The when I press Define, I first choose the Base Point, (datum mark?) then I have to select view of No.1 well this is the point I don't fully understand. I hit random places on the lines and finally after the fourth selection I finally was able to create a symbol. But what is view of No.1 etc? Hope you could explain it to me :-). I was looking in the manual but without any luck,

Door 003.dwg