IGS 3D files into IC - SOLVED!

HDEAR

Hi all,

There are some IGS files in Grabcad I am keen on using, however when I try to open them, they open with CAXA and there's absolutely nothing showing when it finally gets around to opening.

Is there a trick to opening 3D IGS files?

Harley.

UNION TRI CLAMP - 1 POL.igs

Edited by HDEAR

• HDEAR changed the title to IGS 3D files into IC - SOLVED!

Yeah, Anything not native to IC needs to be imported. The way you suggested or the two ways in the snip below.

Edit: I also love those tri-clamp connections. I just converted my brewery to using these for sanitary purposes. 

image.thumb.png.7ad362f8e541c081f0c7a49c1048927c.png

Edited by SSIMMONS
Additional Information

On 11/4/2021 at 2:09 AM, SSIMMONS said:

Edit: I also love those tri-clamp connections. I just converted my brewery to using these for sanitary purposes. 

We live and breathe and breath those 'Tri-clamps/Tri-Clover' fittings here in Kiwiland where we have wall-to-wall dairy factories :)

Edited by HDEAR

I always drag-and-drop STEP-files and Parasolid-files directly into the 3d-scene in Ironcad. It is a bit annoying that this does not work for IGES-files... Is there a technical reason/limitation or can this be reconfigured to work with drag-and-drop?

I thinks it's the same for all 4 letter file types, like STEP files! STP files are fine and so are X_T, SAT, ICS, ICD and so on...

Try changing to 3 letters -> IGES to IGS and STEP to STP. I think it should work.

• Thanks 1

Here are some Swedish high quality parts from Alfa Laval, loads of clamps, pipes, fittings, butterfly valves etc!

https://ironcad.partcommunity.com/3d-cad-models/alfa-laval?info=alfalaval&cwid=0540

When using the CADENAS Part Library you can choose to download up to 10 file formats at once (in one ZIP file) which I really like! As standard, I have set ACIS 7.0, (which also works great for import into AutoCAD 3D -> exported from IC!) Parasolid V15 Text (not Binary!), STEP AP214 (which usually includes color) and a few other images, PDF etc.

Btw, I searched for "tri clamp" parts and found that the "old" standard ISO 2852 has been withdrawn by the ISO committee a few years ago. The active standard now seems to be ISO 2037, which is used by Alfa Laval and others.