Bug: Custom Properties - Expressions need to be Modified after Creating (to update values correctly)

Malcolm Crowe

Attached is a demonstration video created to answer a question for another user, regarding how to extract and display Part Length in a BOM.

Around the 2 minute mark in the video I demonstrate a "Bug", where IRONCAD doesn't update the value as expected after length changes. I also demonstrate the work-around to this bug, which involves "Modifying" the Custom Property immediately after creating it.

So the purpose of this post is to make other users aware of both the bug and the work-around.

To IRONCAD Support, it would be appreciated if this bug could be fixed (it's the same in 2022 Beta as well). Thanks.

Malcolm

Try it without the &. Just type =Shape1\SizeBox\Height and it will update all the time. 

The & is needed when you want to combine parameters and text together for example. =Shape1\SizeBox\Height&" is the Length"

To extract parameters (in the parameter table or the path), you do not need the &. I assume that in front is causing the update issue. 

Cary

Configuration Settings (*.ucx) attached for both 2021 PU1 and 2022 Beta3.

With the Beta Version I think that the only thing changed (from default) are the Mouse Wheel direction and Middle Mouse Button (Panning and Orbiting).

Malcolm

IRONCAD 2021 PU1 - Configuration Settings - 20211020.ucx IRONCAD 2022 Beta3 - Configuration Settings - 20211020.ucx

Hi Cary & Malcolm,

I also having the same outcome in both 2021 & 2022 Beta scene that it only works after the Modify command is applied. This may be a regional setting?

Edited by jolizon590016

Can you try to right-click on the IronCAD exe and run as administrator and try the process? We have tried on different regional settings here and it doesn't have the issue (similar for what Jonas is stating).

Are you using the standard templates or your own modified templates? Not sure if it is some old registry setting left around that we may need to clear out.

The answer can be found if Malcolm's and Cary's videos are studied closely! :)It is the Apply-button in the custom parameters dialog that is the culprit. Hitting first Apply then OK yields the bug. Hitting OK directly does not yield the bug, see attached video.

Edited by GNÄSLUND
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1