Running IC on 32.5" 2K/QHD

Hi All,

Just like to know if anyone is running IC on a 31.5/32" on 2560x1440 (2K) with progressive eye glasses:

• viewing comfort
  • readability of menu and dimensions
  • scene space with current ribbon bar
  • usability value

Regards

Hi Joseph,

We use dual 27" monitors running at that resolution. At 27" the readability is fine, so it won't be a problem at the larger 32" that you're considering.

I don't recommend using progressive glasses though with larger monitors. With our 27" monitors I found the required head movement (to stay in focus) to be annoying. This will be worse with a larger 32" monitor. As a result I use less expensive regular (single vision) glasses when I'm in front of my monitors.

From a usability and value perspective, if you have the desk space, you should consider dual 27" as an alternative. Having the second monitor allows you to drag dialog boxes and catalogs out of the way onto the second screen, thereby freeing up real estate on the main screen.

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for your input. I found that in buying monitors with progressives, I have to find a model with a very low profile. I started with a 27" main and extended on a 24" to read the pdf plan references. It drove me crazy as the font scaling is different plus the it bottom has a wide bezel that put the viewing screen higher. I had constant neck pain. I resorted  to progressives for the computer, but working from home and driving picking up the kids doesn't allow my eyes to adjust that quickly.

I had a change to use 2 identical BenQ28 hd which had almost a color match perfect but the text were small and again the stands was to high for me so I have to look up more than I should.

Its tax time and end of financial year so I was thinking of the option of changing display.

Regards joseph

I use Samsung  SD850 Series 32"  (LS32D85K) which is 2K. I found scaling the display to 128% in custom scaling to be optimal as IronCAD is a bit small on the screen for me.

I really like these monitors. I don't have any issue with progressives on these monitors, but I am sure oureyes are a little different.

Edited by Macktek

• 1 month later...

You guys are right. I just moved to a Lenovo D32q and set font scaling to 115% and it is tack sharp. Pleased with my decision to go to it. The smart dimension  and handle dimension read out is better. I no longer have to rub my eyes. B)

Edited by jolizon590016

Just out of interest, are these extra monitors run from laptops, or box/tower PC ? I would imagine you can't run any more than just one extra screen from a Laptop, or can you?

Harley

It all depends on how many display output connections you have on your laptop. I am running three screens from my laptop :P Albeit via a docking station. Straight from the laptop I have two outputs; HDMI and DP (displayport). If you have modern screens with DP-connections and you can also "daisy-chain" several screens to the same DisplayPort-output.

• 3 months later...
On 7/31/2020 at 12:47 PM, HDEAR said:

Just out of interest, are these extra monitors run from laptops, or box/tower PC ? I would imagine you can't run any more than just one extra screen from a Laptop, or can you?

Harley

In the office I connect to a Toshiba dynadock, it connects to a USB 3.0, then has a HDMI and DVI output, at home I connect dorect to 2 x 23" monitors, my laptop has 2 x mini-DP ports and 1 x HDMI, so I am considering adding a 3rd monitor at home.