Rendering Chanllenge

SSIMMONS

Good Afternoon IC Community!

Can we do animated renderings for the rendering challenge?

- Spencer

Does anyone know of a good converter to GIF that doesn't leave a water mark and lets you download the converted file? Most of the rendering quality will be lost i think, but it should still look decentish.

Wow!  Seeing stuff as good as that is like when I watch and listen to Nathan East playing bass live for Eric Clapton - makes me just want to shrink away and give up :)  Well done.

8 hours ago, jolizon590016 said:

:wub:;) Hi Spencer, I have a current project  that is dependent on water flowing on a slope. I hope you don't mind how you did this? It requires KeyShot Animation

Not at all. So I used Blender (2.8 I think maybe) and used a filled in circle as a water emitter inside of an invisible box as the domain the simulation runs in. That is the Reason some of the water droplets seem to float when they hit the ground outside of the platform. You can model stuff in IronCAD and export it in using an .OBJ format (IC is just WAYYYY easier to model in). You can of course expand the domain beyond the camera  to avoid that. Mostly it is just practice practice practice like most things and getting familiar with cycles rendering at different resolution types and different samples (this is where time will be saved or spent mostly). The viscosity of the fluid can be changed, though I fear it is more or less a guessing game and not very accurate to a real world scenario unless you spend a lot of time dialing it in. The water in this animation appears slow, but in actuality I think I set the objects to be extremely large. There are a lot of great online tutorials of various things on the software. Like I said though, do your modeling in IC for sure.

P.S. ~ Thanks Harley!

-Spencer  

Guest SSIMMONS

So particles can be used for simulation's, but you have to be careful because they do not self interact. They will not collide against one another in other words. So if you are searching for a path of least resistance, etc it can come in handy or trying to simulate snow, etc.

-Spencer

Yup using IronCAD and Blender is very difficult from a UI standpoint. Blender extremely difficult to learn. If you use it casually its twice as hard since you forget alot ( at least for me).

The new release is better, but a long way to go to get it user friendly. I think mainly becuause it uses highly technical nomenclature which for a layment is extremely hard.

my2cents

T

I was able to set up ProRender to work with CPU and GPU.

KeyShot keeps it simple to my sanity as enable gpu effects denoise shortens rendering time a lot.

Edited by jolizon590016
Update

You can do CPU/ GPU combination rendering in Blender with only a few clicks, but more is not necessarily better. There are many circumstances where this will slow down rendering time a lot. If you are rendering an animation that is 30fps and contains 90 frames you will end up rendering 90 independent images that will result in a 3 second video. No matter what you do or what system you have, this is going to take you a lot of time. Rendering animations is not for the impatient to be sure haha. and also if that is your only computer at home, you might not be able to do too much else on it while the rendering is in progress due to the CPU load most likely being 100 percent and the GPU load will be quite heavy also. Your computer will auto re-allocate some percentage of tasks to allow for use of other programs, but it will show a large dip in performance. Just a little heads up for anyone trying to get into some more extreme rendering stuff.

- Spencer