Using Configurations with externally linked parts.

Karen Bond

I have been using Ironcad for a couple of months now and I want to load two parts in a scene that are based on the same externaly linked file but have different configurations. When I try to do this I find both parts are of the same configuration, the last one loaded. To overcome this I have unlinked the parts but then they are not updated if the external file is changed.

As a simple example, if you think of a block with a hole in it, configuration A would be with hole, and configuration B without hole, (hole intellishape supressed). Can I show both these configurations and keep the link with the external file?

Has anyone had any experience with using configurations who could advise me of the best method to achieve this please, as I could be missing something obvious.

Thank you.

Hi Karen,

At the moment I don't think IC supports the use of different configurations from the same file in a scene. You can easily change the current configuration by a right mouse click on the "path" icon under the part/assembly in the Scene Browser. But all other copies of that file in that scene will update accordingly.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
On 10/27/2014 at 9:40 AM, Adrian Robbers 2 said:

is this an active enhancement request? is it being considered?

Maybe! ^_^

Kim

16 hours ago, SSIMMONS said:

Like this you mean?

Ohhh, with eternally linked...my bad

Hi, Spencer!

Hahaha

I believo the more demonstration videos is always good!

Your video will definitely help someone!

Thanks!

Kim