Vista

Guest rzito

Dear IC Guys,

January is quickly coming to an end and the sacrificial IC vista version is yet to be placed on the user gods community alter.

Your vista sacrifice will go a long way to appeasing the user gods.

smile.gif

Let me give more of an update.

We have both the 32-bit and 64-bit in testing with our partners. We found a few installation errors and we believe that they are resolved now. So we are in the final stages.

In the meantime, we are addressing some critical issues found in IRONCAD V11. These will be resolved by next week.

Due to this, we want to release the Vista version with these changes as well (instead of offering a patch right after we release). Therefore we plan to release the Vista version for release next week.

If multiple people would like to play with the current test version, I can post it for testing if people have time to test it out.

Please let me know.

Cary

Guest EricFoy
...If multiple people would like to play with the current test version, I can post it for testing if people have time to test it out...

23434[/snapback]

I DO!

Hi All,

Below is information and download links to the Vista Beta Version. Please make sure to read the notes below prior to installing. Keep in mind this is not a release version, but a beta test version. Please file the issues to this post or to support@ironcad.com directly.

Happy Testing,

IronCAD Team

Notes:

• Files saved in this version are not compatible with the IRONCAD V11 32/64-bit versions. We will have a PU1 for XP when we release the Vista version (targeted for Feb 6th since we are fixing some critical customer reported issues in V11 at this time and testing these changes).
  • You need to run IRONCAD as an administrator once to complete the registration. The easiest way to do this is to click the “Launch” at the end of the install. If not, right-click on the IRONCAD.exe and select “Run as Administrator”. After this step you can run it as any user.
  • Vista Aero UI is not supported for our release. To turn off this mode, go to Personalize in the right-click of the background. Click on Window and Color Appearance. Select Open Classic appearance properties for more color options (located at the bottom). Select “Windows Vista Basic” in the list and select ok to apply. If you run in Vista Aero mode, the UI will flash due to the transparency effects from Vista Aero.
  • If you want to run the Advance Rendering Mode in DirectX, you still need to install the DirectX redistributable available in the support community (V11 Beta Forum) or from Microsoft (November 2008 release will work).
  • After you unzip the files, run the setup.exe in the folder.

Download Links:

Guest svangeldern

While on the subject...

If one were to purchase a new computer with vista installed, what flavor would be best for IC?

Vista Home Basic, Vista Home Premium, Vista Business, Vista Enterprise, Vista Ultimate...32 or 64 bit? Wait for Windows 7.....Stay with XP?

Your thoughts...

Thanks,

Steve

Among Vista versions, we will only support Business, Enterprise and Ultimate in both 32 and 64 bit.

There isn't a preferred version among those 3 so I recommend getting the one that best fits your business needs. Of course, if you are struggling with large assemblies I would recommend one of the 64bit versions.

Hi Cary,

Have installed x64 version, at start up I get a message about tampering of the system clock etc. press OK start up stops. I've installed as per instructions

Rgds

Edited by rzito

While on the subject...

If one were to purchase a new computer with vista installed, what flavor would be best for IC?

Vista Home Basic, Vista Home Premium, Vista Business, Vista Enterprise, Vista Ultimate...32 or 64 bit? Wait for Windows 7.....Stay with XP?

Your thoughts...

Thanks,

Steve

23457[/snapback]

I have installed the 32 bit test version on Vista Home Premium on my laptop (2GB Ram) and so far no problems. Still testing some larger files though. Vista uses about 700MB of RAM to run Vista !

Cheers,

Jason

Appears to be something with the constraints display on the profile. If you turn off the visibility of the profiles, it will be able to edit. We will file it as a bug.

Cary

**Edit** Actually it may be something else in the sketch. Does the profile have splines?

23471[/snapback]

Yes I think I used a B-spline to create the side of the profile

Cary

Apart from the edit issues its goes well,

I notice that we are now getting metric fasteners as the default when initial install is metric this saves swapping all the time.

Selecting out of catalogs is also improved.

and best of all x64 really hums

thanks

any word on this? I have dealers calling up daily looking if they can update and we have ones that have switched up on the xp platform submitting drawings that we can not open because we have not updated yet.

Thanks

Brian

Hi All,

It will be released this week. We are building and signing the packages early this week and should be able to post this week (hopefully Tuesday night or Wednesday).

We found and uninstall and patch install for PU1 issue that pushed us into this week, but we are resolving that now.

Thanks

Cary