.sldprt Import

B. Ludin

Is there a way to import .sldprt formatted parasolid files into IC?

Beat

A great idea of course, would help our sales too. However, we have the cooperation of PRO/E and CATIA with our abilities to import their native files. Without SolidWorks agreement the issue is problematic at best. I think 10.0 might be importing another major CAD native file, should be fun.

We have the ability to add the SW import. It is just a matter of how critical or useful it is to our customers. If it is critical, we can look at adding this option in a future version. Maybe a poll of customers could give a better insight to the interest level.

Cary

Check out TRANSMAGIC.COM

THey sell a translator that will convert i think.

I had a customer who provided this type files and I could not afford the translator to convert so I had to find 2D drawing for each component and create 3D for that.

I would like to see these added to IC in future.

Dallas

Check out TRANSMAGIC.COM

THey sell a translator that will convert i think.

18020[/snapback]

Well, Transmagic is based on ACIS and will screw up any assembly structures and hierarchies contained in a file. This could be done better...

Yes, a native SW importer for IC would be nice :-)

Bernd

How is X_T different from .SLDPRT? Both are Parasolid-based formats right?

Beat

How is X_T different from .SLDPRT? Both are Parasolid-based formats right?

Beat

18035[/snapback]

X_T is parasolid format - (http://filext.com/file-extension/X_T)

.SLDPRT is native SolidWorks part file ( SolidWorks is parasolid based application) - http://filext.com/file-extension/SLDPRT

So SolidWorks users typically export to X_T to send files to IronCAD users (sometimes will use STP as well).

tom

Edited by tlehnhaeuser

• 2 weeks later...
We have the ability to add the SW import. It is just a matter of how critical or useful it is to our customers. If it is critical, we can look at adding this option in a future version. Maybe a poll of customers could give a better insight to the interest level.

Cary

18012[/snapback]

Heres a link to a poll to cast your vote. Tom

http://liicon.homestead.com/poll.html

• 2 years later...
Well apparently this is not an important tool for most current IronCAD users. But sorry to say guys it is the non-current IronCAD users I'm interested in, if you get my drift ;-)

tom

27780[/snapback]

I for one would love to have native SW file read. I work with another engineer that uses SolidWorks, and it would be a great thing to have. I can't imagine people not being interested in having this ability.

Mike