Ironcad...

WTF!!!!!!

I am really contemplating to hear out the management in this firm to continue using IronCAD as the preferred CAD program!!

or if we should switch to something much more reliable!!

Very soon Ive reached the point where Ive had enough!!

Im stunned about all the errors in this program!!

Especially the 2D part of the program is way out of order and not useable at all!!

2D is made for production, RIGHT?

And to produce a product you need dimensions, RIGHT?!

Then PLEASE tell me why the F I cant add dimensions to the parts used in the 2D environment??

Like this one:

Dimensions are not useable on the red lines!

post-22588-1148996685_thumb.jpg

The part and the drawing:

P_004___001.ics P_004___001.icd

In this drawing Ive tried everything!! Changed the magnification, deleted the view And Created It Again (ACIA), deleted all the views ACIA, deleted the drawing ACIA, deleted the part ACIA

You F name it!!!

This program drives me nuts!! Do something!!!

I can tell you that other CAD program developers is online with service packs for error correction 2 or 3 weeks after a new release!!

When was the first update for IC8?? and the 2nd?? How about a 3rd?? will it be online in a year??

· Users should NOT be fumbling with .dll files in your so-called hotfixs!

· Users should be heard if a decided percentage (max 20!!) of then complaining/reporting a problem! Not fobbed off with: Its a well-known problem!! SULUTIONS are needed!!

· Users should find their working tool reliable - it could raise the sails percentage, if they told somebody else about it considering 3D!

· Users should be respected!! And fixes should be done by YOU!!

· YOU should still be testing your versions after release and updates (if there is any?)

· YOU should STOP doing development of new tools before you have closed 95% of the known issues in your Open Item Lists!!

Listen very carefully!! We (try to) use this program for production!! Not for fun!! We are the customers - not some jerks who think it would be fun playing with a (so-called) CAD system! If we werent here you would be in the back of the line at the employment service!!

I really do not understand why I cant find more complains on this website/community!

do you delete them??

I really would appreciate some feedback to this issue (in plain English that would be understandable to all users!!)

You cant sell a product based on 3D 2D is needed as well!!

- C

I really do not understand why I cant find more complains on this website/community!

do you delete them??

I really would appreciate some feedback to this issue (in plain English that would be understandable to all users!!)

14411[/snapback]

The rest of us ask for help and try to learn tricks around various problems insted of just complain...there really are very few problems you can't get around. And in this case, the old saying, "You can catch more flys with honey than you can with vinegar" might be of interest to you.

...of corse, you throw some of us into say a SW forum and I'm sure we would start complaining.

Hi Christian,

I think this is a known issue. You'll have to make the Custom Detail View a little bit bigger, then the dimensioning will work ok.

It worked when I tried it on that drawing.

Hi Christian,

Don;t take this the wrong way, but have you invested in some formal IC training?

The reason I ask is because off the top of my head most of your concerns posted where doable but it just required looking in the right spot.

If not, you might want to talk management into it, I sure it would be worth your weight in gold.

IronCAD is funny that some fall right into it with no training and others have a difficult time. I have found that users migrating from other CAD apps have more difficulties because they have be "pre-programmed" to think in a way thats counterproductive. Not to the fault of the user but the CAD company.

AS for bugs, yes IronCAD certainly has its share and I agrre that IC should focus more on them before new features, but I have friends that use other "leading" apps and it appears that are bugs are not as severe as theirs. Unfortunately bugs are inevitably in ANY program. Its the price we pay for fair competiton I guess.

My2Cents

Tom

Christian I agree with you completly, now by saying this I will get known as an IronCAD hater and all my posts will be discounted and any questions asked will not be answered. This is why you do not find any other posts like your on this board.

I cant beleive someone went right for the throat and said "do you have formal IronCAD training" We are educated people on this board and I think we try many ways before posting to this forum FOR HELP and instead we get the well here is the work around for this and here is the workaround for that. Why is there work arounds when the program should just function correctly.

Jonas this isnt directed to you at thanks for answering his question.

It seems like the public have been asking for simple fixes and things for the longest time and no one seems to care. Yes IronCAD is great for some 3d modeling leaps and bounds above other programs but if you dont do things in the right order or just how ironcad likes it to get a simple drawing out BAM, ZOOM have a nice day with no autosave backup to go to.

Well let the flames come just asking to make a program that there arent so many workarounds and 2d wasnt back in the dark ages.

I cant beleive someone went right for the throat and said "do you have formal IronCAD training" We are educated people on this board and I think we try many ways before posting to this forum FOR HELP and instead we get the well here is the work around for this and here is the workaround for that. Why is there work arounds when the program should just function correctly.

14424[/snapback]

Training was suggested because Mr. Excitable has ranted in the past about things that do work or features that are present. I was going to suggest the same thing a few posts ago.

IC dudes, where's our EASY button?

do you delete them??

14411[/snapback]

Technically this whole forum is a list of complaints. How many posts did you find that said "Hey guys, just checking in, everything works perfectly the way I would have programmed it to work."

Actually, if you believe other CAD programs have fewer bugs, check with some of us who use more than one or two. Just the other day, a guy pounded his desk after trying repeatedly to dimension to a simple centermark in SolidWorks. He tried erasing it, making it bigger, etc, etc, but to no avail. Finally, he manually drew in a line to dimension to. He also had other features in his drawing that he could not dimension to. Yes, I have to create small lines once in a while in IronCAD so that I can dimension to them, but I know that this is not unique to IC, nor is it likely to go away completely any time soon. It HAS gotten much better over the years, that's for certain.

As Mike said (in so many words), helping to solve the problem is so much better than throwing anger at it.

Try Jonas' suggestion - sounds like any easy solution. cool.gif

I'm glad (or more frustrated) to hear that I'm not the only one having serious problems with IC!!!!

BUT guys!! you (/we) ONLY hate IC that much because you(/we) doesnt seem to get heard when you(/we) are complaining/reporting bugs or even say a prayer!!

OK, Jonas!

Could you PLEASE tell me what you did to make it work???????????

Ive been changing the magnification from 3.75 to 4.95 with steps of 0.05 and I didnt succeed!!!

Formal IC training???

This training should only be concentrating about teaching in the stupidity of workarounds!!!

And the solution to this issue hasnt anything to do with looking in the right spot, my friend!

Counterproductive????

In CAD apps like Solid Edge you are forced to come up with solutions that are relative to reality!!!

You are not able to make solutions, in the sheetmetal module, which cant be produced in reality!

In IC thats okay!! Like this:

post-22588-1149063707_thumb.jpg

(I think we have to do some welding to come up with this solution!!??)

Yes, focus on problems is needed!!

ServicePacks needed for reducing problems/bugs etc.

Stop making new tools!! You cannot build another stock to a house if the foundation isnt stabile!!

Stop coming up with workarounds! Its helpful the first couple of times BUT 2 years or 3 versions later a solution should be established!!

- C

(But who give a shit about member 22,588 he is always complaining anyway!)

Edited by Christian Skytte

Well Christian,

I hear you loud and clear and agree with you in many respects BUT it surely sounds like someone is "forcing" IronCAD upon you.

As the saying goes, you can't please everyone.

I may get beaten for this but I know from experience that both IC staff and resellers do all the can to make clients happy the best to our ability and if thats not working for you then maybe you should reconsider. Hey, IronCAD is not for everyone and maybe your one of those that another solution is more suited.

All I know is sometimes the grass is greener but more often it is not.

- C

(But who give a shit about member 22,588 he is always complaining anyway!)

14434[/snapback]

That is unfortunately an accurate description of the situation you have put yourself in. This is an IronCAD COMMUNITY, where users voluntarily (those of us who do not work directly for IronCAD) log on and attempt to assist others. Have some respect for that. Your forum tone and demeanor is going to put yourself into a situation where the only ones who will help you are getting paid to do so. There are many people here who have been using IronCAD since before it was IronCAD, and have seen and solved a ton of problems. If you would like to not alienate that knowledge pool, I suggest a serious re-evaluation of your forum etiquette.

Edit: Um... I think the "Spell Check" function is on crack. It appears as if it is miscalculating where to insert the correctly spelled words....

Edited by Mike Twining

Forum tip: Look for the guys with the "Triball" status on the left. They are masters of Ironcad in the "hours of use" sense.

By the way, I noticed a box of "Twining" tea on someone's desk the other day, so Mike, can you pick up a case the next time you visit your uncle's factory in England?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi again!

First of all I really appreciate all the help I can get in here!!

Im just tired that 98% of the times its nothing else than a workaround!! To me that just not good enough sorry!

Because 3D systems are invented to create ONE model and then you can use this model in your drawings without adding small lines by yourself or using textboxes as diameter for holes placed onto curved surfaces!!

This is an IronCAD COMMUNITY, where users voluntarily (those of us who do not work directly for IronCAD) log on and attempt to assist others. Have some respect for that. Your forum tone and demeanor is going to put yourself into a situation where the only ones who will help you are getting paid to do so.

To this issue I cant find any applies/help from those guys getting paid to do so?? I dont know who it might be and if I missed some - Im very sorry!!

Edit: Um... I think the "Spell Check" function is on crack. It appears as if it is miscalculating where to insert the correctly spelled words....

What do you mean? Has it something to do with me, or what??

Im sorry that my English isnt that good I cant help it and you have to live with that! Okay?

Secondly; Im not trying to take back what I said but some of my expressions should have been chosen more wisely I agree!

I wasnt trying to take my frustration out on the USERS of the community - ONLY trying to get in touch with the inventors of the program! Because I really do think there are some BIG things to solve before they are letting their hands onto new stuff that could be added the program!!

I hear you loud and clear and agree with you in many respects BUT it surely sounds like someone is "forcing" IronCAD upon you.

As the saying goes, you can't please everyone.

I may get beaten for this but I know from experience that both IC staff and resellers do all the can to make clients happy

Yep! Not everybody can choose how they want to earn their money, right!!! So I have to use this program else I could hit the road!

What sayings are you talking about??

Are they really doing ALL they can?? Then I think (which I hope Ive got the right to) they should come up with a new strategy in their company!!

I think that developers and resellers ONLY are using (read: playing) IC 3D module! I know it isnt funny doing 2D all the time, but you have to test your product MUCH better before a release is done! Testing a product really has to be done it could save the users for a lot of struggle and the developers could concentrate and put much more effort on their actually job; developing new tools an other stuff to the future releases!!!

c_skytte

Edited by Christian Skytte

OK, Jonas!

Could you PLEASE tell me what you did to make it work???????????

I’ve been changing the magnification from 3.75 to 4.95 with steps of 0.05 – and I didn’t succeed!!!

Hi Christian,

I'm sorry, I wasn't that clear. The line you make around the area you want as a Custom Detail View has to be wider. By some reason the edges of the detail in the Custom Detail View doesn't light up if the line around is to narrow.

Check out this drawing:

P_004___001_support.icd

What sayings are you talking about??

14459[/snapback]

Christian,

Here in the states (USA) this is a common saying. What it basically means that no matter how good something is someone will not like it. And thats fine, because its all about individuality and variety. Its not meant to be a bad remak against you, it just means y that you are happier with something else.

Its almost like another american saying " Theres an ass for every seat" meaning no matter what you sell someone will buy it.

I still have oldtimers swear up and down that pencil and paper is still the only way to design and for them thats correct becasue if they cannot adapt to CAD then obviously they will never get anything done. So it takes them years versus months but at least they get it done.

Anyway, getting off track here.

Christian, since you are forced to use IonCAD, just remeber I for one will always help you as much as I can no matter how much you rant. And I think I speak for all members in this respect. I also feel ranting is also good for the soul every so often.

Tom

Guest IronKevin

We are aware of the bug presented in the first post of this thread and are working on a fix. We attempt to make IronCAD as error free as possible and fix as many bugs as possible as fast as possible. As with any CAD software it is impossible to fix everything. For example, SolidWorks 2006 had 6 service packs and they still had bugs left over.

Also, I want everyone to know that we read everything that is written on this Community and we take all of it seriouly. That is very time consuming and we don't always have time to comment on each item. I think we do make sure that everyone who asks a questions gets an accurate answer from someone.

If you find your request for help is going unanswered please send an email to support@ironcad.com or contact your local reseller.

Together I think we can make IronCAD the best CAD experience available.

IK