Sheetmetal Part Whit An Crossbend

rjensen556642

kevin.. I think he means like a pyramid.. shaped sheetmetal form..

sure you could.. as long as you are allowed to have a seam.. and some overlap..

but the unfold would not be a square...

if the intention is a formed part.. why not just take a solid pyramid and shell to the desired thickness?

does it have to be a sheetmetal part?

Edited by mmccall

Is this what you mean?

I just took a pyramid shape.. 3 degs to make it shallow..

then placed a sheetmetal on one side..

changed the sketch of the sheetmetal..

put a bend on it..

made the bend flat with the other pyramid face..

changed the next sheet.. etc...

will unfold.. just keep going around..

trim excess...

then make a logical seam...not sure how you would cap or close off the end..

will be left with a square hole..

pyramidsheetmetal.ics

Edited by mmccall

Hello Jensen

See the attached. Sheet Metal Part55 is the finished part. First create your "stock" to the profile you want. Then add your bend & adjust the angle to 3°. Right click on the "bend" in the scene browser and select intellishape properties. Select the bend tab & set the first & second bend stock length to 0. (You may then have to edit the profiles of the stock so that they meet the bend.) Unfold the part. With the part in the unfolded configuration, edit the cross section of the "add stock" so that it is square in the unfolded configuration. Copy (<ctrl> "c") the cross section before exiting. Return to the default configuration and edit the cross section of "add stock" again. Delete the existing profile and then paste (<ctrl> "v") the modified profile from the unfolded configuration. You can now unfold the part again & it should be rectangular. (FYI If you select the configuration in the drop down list, any changes you made in the default configuration are not reflected in the unfolded configuration.)

Sheet Metal Part50 is at 30° angle and a slightly different construction. (No need to edit the bend stock length, but other profiles to add. See

http://www.ironcad.com/support/community/i...ic=2216&hl=bend for more information on this process.

Wayne

Firkantplade3.ics

Hello wgrein,

Thank you for the Part. I thin that the part 50 is the most easy way to model the part. Behapes it will be posible to draw the unfolded part first and then make an skets and use the skets to make the bend in IC 9......??

I hope i can help you som other time.