Locating IronCAD drawings

I'm not aware of anything that would tell you that, it would be handy, if the "Find References" included this.

Don't forget the Ifind.exe utility in the bin folder within the IronCAD folder in program files, this will search a folder and subfolders for ics and icd files and give you the file properties.

Hi Jeff,
I don't know if this will help at all but for what it's worth I had a problem finding .ics files with my part number. For some reason in Windows 10 the search wouldn't bring up the .ics file when I searched for the part number. I could search for the .icd file right click and open path to the .ics file but that didn't work unless there was a .icd file. Someone suggested that I bring up file explorer and use the quick search in the top right but that didn't work either. Someone else suggested using Voidtools' Everything search and that worked and it is fast. Maybe that would help somehow in your case?
Doug

Hi Jeff,
There is no association between the ICS and the ICD in terms of "where used" (from the ICD -> telling "I exist, you are being used here" back to the ICS). The ICS file can also be "used" in more than one ICD, but it simply "doesn't know" if it is or not. This information is not being (cannot be?) stored in the ICS file.

The ICD has a list called Drawing Links (click on the Edit Links button in the Drawing Property Browser) of which ICS files it needs.

image.png.2d1d5b752ccc7eeb15ce0bdd90b27b0e.png

I know of two ways to get this information;

1) Manually add the ICD as an "attachment" to the 3D model by using the IC Mech Add Attachment tool. It is then possible to create and export (spread sheet) lists using the IPROActiveManager tool of all this information. You can of course attach a PDF file or a web site url if you want to instead!

https://ironcad.it/learnICM/en/tools-catalog/0310_add_attachment/

image.png.6fe9c49617ac9bd161844a6ab8e1d5f5.png

2) Use a PDM/PLM system like the SQL based DesignDataManager (DDM). It has all of the "Where Used" and "Contains of" functions you need and much more. Btw, these two functions are nicely implemented in the files' tree structure in the DDM window. Expand an IRONCAD file and you will see all the files needed to open it ("downstreams" = assemblies or parts), but you will also see all the files where it is being used ("up streams" = drawings or assemblies).

https://www.designdatamanager.com/solutions/ironcad-pdm/