Electric drill handle design

LEE MENG CHE

Something similar to this? I did it very quickly so its not too pretty, but all I did was project that bottom edge, copy the sketch, modify, and loft. Then fillet (blend). If you want the entire handle you just do another sketch or three and loft it all. There are probably better ways, but I mostly work with sheet metal. Interested to see what other people come up with.

1 hour ago, aalbè said:

I made it with an extruded section (So you can easily change, and also a Draft to widen the back) and normal Constant Bends and with Bend-Full Round and with Bend-Hold Lines (I named the bends)

image.jpeg.95ab0b3c9048cced80fac15840fc15af.jpeg Electric tool 001.ics 808 kB · 0 downloads

That was my first thought too. Just depends how much custom shaping you want in there because that way tends to create two completely flat sides (which is not necessarily an issue).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ASPEER said:

I am curious why you would use an air tool as a base for an electric tool, personally

Nice catch lol. There are many differences such as North and South Korea.

On 11/13/2023 at 9:21 AM, ASPEER said:

I am curious why you would use an air tool as a base for an electric tool, personally. Unless Lee meant air drill (the base looks like a screwdriver or impact driver).

The way I would tackle the problem would be aalbe's method, but that is due to simplicity.

Yes , you're right , I didn't understand the tool category clearly:blush:.