NOT including all parts in a scene from being included in BOM

HDEAR

Hi all,

Totally weird I know, but is there a way to NOT include all parts in scene with just one or two simple key strokes?

I have a scene with several hundred parts that was drawn some years ago. Everything was ticked as 'Include in BOM' There are fastenings and all sorts of bits and piece that simply should not be part of the BOM when I go to do the CAXA drawing.

I don't have the time to go through each part and untick the 'Include in BOM', but then again I don't have the time to go through the BOM itself when I do the CAXA drawing to untick all the superfluous bits there.

So I am hoping for some magic fix where I can disable ( untick ) the 'Include in BOM ' for everything and just go through the parts ( about 25 out of the 250 odd ) that I'd like included in the BOM.

I have ICMECH PROActive if that would be quicker, but again - how would I go about that?

Many thanks in anticipation,

Harley

Hi Harley,

You need to be careful when deselecting "Include in BOM" as it will affect any 2D drawings or scenes referencing those parts. See the link below.

I personally would create a new "Configuration" in which everything is suppressed, apart from the items that you want to appear in the BOM. Then reference that specific "Configuration" in your BOM within CAXA.

Malcolm

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Malcolm Crowe said:

Hi Harley,

You need to be careful when deselecting "Include in BOM" as it will affect any 2D drawings or scenes referencing those parts. See the link below.

Hi Malcolm, I agree but for a couple of these old scenes for which the previous CAXA drawings are no longer required, it won't pose a problem and there are no external links to the parts.

Thanks for that link though. That was helpful.

Edited by HDEAR

If you can ignore the effect on other possible drawings etc, the absolute fastest way must be this!

1) Select the object(s)
2) Drop the ICM Set Include in BOM Status :) (left mouse button toggles all ON, right mouse button toggles all OFF)

http://ironcad.it/learnICM/en/utils-catalog/010_set_include_in_bom_status/

• Like 2

Thanks everyone.

Using ICMECH PROActive to manage BOMS is a bit like using an AK47 to go possum shooting - well it is for me anyhow. You can be precise but if you hold your finger on the trigger too long or point it in the wrong direction, you can do an awful lot more damage :D

• Haha 1