Export to PDF ICD Drawings

Oh I am here again for this topic. At work I am compelled/multi task to open 2 or more projects on top of what I am currently modelling and doing ICD sheet drawing. The multi task work involves updating the drawings  to export pdf which produce random pages with missing dimension lines and text. Re exporting to pdf change the random order in a set of 8 to 14 sheets. I have to save and close on what I am working on and close IC or reboot just to get it to work again. Using other pdf  apps like Foxit or MS Print to PDF takes longer to create with artifacts.

I have to ask our head office IT administrator to run sfc /scannow that actually does the fix but placed in the same situation, it does reoccur. There is no one in the IT support team that is familiar with IC.

We are are working on networked one drive and available to sharepoint for others to access the pdf file. As for the hardware, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with 16 GB ram on Windows 11, IC2022. We will migrate to IC2023 next week.

Working from home and storing the files locally or copying the files and doing the it on the notebook with local storage doesn't have this problem.

One frustration I am experiencing is that manager points it out as user error, which I believe is not the case. Either the PC is not up to multi-task or network issue that may cause a corruption on system to produce the pdf file.

I have other project engagements that are more complex with 30+ sheets that hardly have missing dimensions like this often. What I have raised before is that the BOM table changes in size in some pages if I select update all sheets.

Regards to the Team

I don't have much experience exporting pdfs over around 5 sheets but I can say that seeing things like the BOM changing size or getting thrown around has been a common occurrence in the year that I've been using IronCAD. Maybe creating multiple ICD files to shorten the amount of pages would help? I think it could be a network issue if you're able to get it to work with local storage. I use network storage and I'm very used to seeing random items on the page get thrown around when updating or exporting. 

Boot up this morning and pdf drawings worked correctly with current project.  Haven't cycled the sfc /scannow from last Friday's issue, however no other drawings were open at the same time at the moment. Will it be working with different project folders causing this problem?

regards

• 3 months later...

TY for update jolizon590061,

Can you upload videos or sample files to test it in my 5800X3D system?

Kim

Hi Kim,

My errors are on the work pc at the office. I'll try to to look for one, if I can. Also just before changing the cpu: the catalog browser width keeps changing when I switch from drawing to 3D scene, user profile that gets corrupted 3x in my 2 years on that machine and random saving errors on onedrive. Are you also experiencing weird stuff lately?

Edited by jolizon590016
update

On 11/4/2023 at 5:37 PM, jolizon590016 said:

Hi Kim,

My errors are on the work pc at the office. I'll try to to look for one, if I can. Also just before changing the cpu: the catalog browser width keeps changing when I switch from drawing to 3D scene, user profile that gets corrupted 3x in my 2 years on that machine and random saving errors on onedrive. Are you also experiencing weird stuff lately?

This catalog expansion has happened to several people I know. Definitely not an isolated incident. 

On 11/5/2023 at 6:37 AM, jolizon590016 said:

Are you also experiencing weird stuff lately?

Not yet, I just want to know if IC has any problem with AMD system.

I have a AMD 5900X system at home and have not noticed any issues beyond the normal. But I do not use IC NEARLY as much there, usually for personal stuff like modeling a part for my boat to 3D print or whatever else.

I have sheet metal work when unfolded still have the screw holes intact, however when face to dxf holes is used, holes randomly are not created. This part has a similar left hand part which the face to dxf had the screw holes in it.

I can't compare it with intel based system as I don't have access to one. It was done also with 5900x machine which was upgraded to a 5950x recently to extend the worth of 64 gb ram already installed. I plan to learn about fluid/air flow analysis this holiday break in December.

Edited by jolizon590016

So I am not at home at the moment, but you are saying what I do in the video (posted below), doesn't work on your AMD machine? If I get a second tonight I will try on my AMD at home and report back.

This is the project:

image.thumb.png.184554283bd2157ef7151787f41861e3.png

image.thumb.png.26c9317efa4484a448274cbb3757bb18.png

The face to dxf executed the left hand panel while the right hand panel lost the screw holes. I deleted the dxf previously but the Unfolded RH Vat Panel V8 T2,0 [SED SS316 2,0] 9T2) pdf (5900x cpu)was from the actual dxf.

Unfolded RH Vat Panel V8 T2,0 [SED S316 2,0]n.dxf (5950x) was just done a while ago again with face to dxf and was executed flawlessly. The file dates will show when it was done.

So in doing 21 unfolded sheet metal face to dxf operations, 1 may not execute as it is.

Unfolded RH Vat Panel V8 T2,0 [SED SS316 2,0] (T2).pdf Unfolded RH Vat Panel V8 T2,0 [SED SS316 2,0]n.dxf LH Vat Panel V8 T2.0.ics RH Vat Panel V8 T2.0.ics

Good Morning,

if you are using the Face to DXF ICMech tool, install this latest delivered version:

www.ironcad.it/download/ICMechanical/ICMechanical_25.11.08_X64.exe

Furthermore, dropping the tool with Right button mouse, you will have the settings about this tool:

image.png.0cbb148ced5fcd69174db98af8c0d23f.png

(These are the same settings in IPROSettings.exe)

Please control if the red boxed option is set. When this option is uncheked,

the threated holes are not exported to DXF.

I hope this can help you

M

Well, I did try, but the tool wasn't working at all on my AMD home system. I don't use it enough there to troubleshoot the issue. Hopefully what Maurizio posted works for you.

Hi Mauricio,

Thanks for the update. I will check it out tonight.

Hi Spencer,

I am surprised and with a chill in my on my back that it did not worked on your AMD home system.

Hi Kim,

I hope it worked on your end.

Regards