Structured Part - How to copy/update Property Details into multiple parts with the same profile efficiently?

James McEwen

Thank you, yes, they are .... hence the question.  Given I'm very new with using the Structure Part feature, I'm at a lost with how to link (achieve this?), since the Structure frame inserts a new body each time..... I'm interested how would you suggest I finish this structure, whilst keeping everything joined in the Structure Part Frame? Without then having to have to go back to update each property field for every identical brace. Cheers

image.thumb.png.c25cd9f57a3bc690b5aad185424c7781.png

The way I typically would do something like this is use the triball link the identical members to position. Typically the most difficult part to this is getting the distance between each right, however given you have the sketch, that info is readily available to you.

The specific steps I would take:

1. Take the brace and mirror it to the reverse position (rotate works too)
  2. Select the second, and translate both of the braces to fill the pattern
  3. Delete the excess brace

Now the braces are linked.

Hi James,

The link below is to a previous Enhancement Request in 2020 (ticket 114048) regarding dragging-and-dropping Text Properties from a Catalog onto selected Bodies (Frame Members) within a Structured Part. In a separate Enhancement Request in 2022 (ticket 11891), I've also asked that Default Property Templates for Structured Frame Members be added within Options, so that Frame Members can be automatically populated with the desired Custom Properties during creation.

Malcolm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a fan of the eyedropper. Suck up the properties of a part and then when applying , right click , you get additional options, one of which is to apply the text properties to a group.

Therefore prior to this grab several of the Frame members, for your structured part frame, and group them.

You can then apply the text properties to the group.  

And drum roll .....      , it doesn't work....   

So perhaps related to the ER Malcolm is refering to when dragging in text properties from the catalogue.

image.thumb.png.c579ed47c345bd7a72542ca56764780e.png