Measurement inside a box?

Gigi

This might be a silly question, or an easy answer (hopefully), but how do I measure the inside of a box? I can decrease opacity of one side to see the inside of two opposite sides, but I can't select them through the translucent side. There must be a way to do this. If I hide the one side, it's connected to the two other sides (sheet metal part) so the part I'm trying to measure hides, too. Maybe there's a way to hide just one side of a sheet metal part?

Thanks in advance. 

Gi gigi

This is a trick for that

1. Ghost Outer box

2. Select inner box's dimension point

3. Unghost all by Keyboard Shortcut

4. Slect Outer box's dimension piont

00000009_p.jpg.ec017ebbb0b7218cd2eea2b25242cc33.thumb.jpg.174e6f49c8c5f15334a098b210b640b5.jpg

Ikm

Okay, sorry, I misread your question. Actually I didn't read ;)

Measuring inside of the box of sheet metal, I think only way to do that is section tool with precise mode.

00000009_p.jpg.ec017ebbb0b7218cd2eea2b25242cc33.thumb.jpg.f971283ec61cf2d86393988ae05d8ad0.jpg

kkm

Edited by Bertrand Kim

I would likely just do some old school math. Determine box wall thickness, multiply by two, subtract from overall extents of box. Done.

-Spencer

Wait, are you talking about in a drawing or in 3D space for reference? In a drawing you should be able to just measure it. And if a drawing is what your talking about, what software? icd or CAXA? As you can see in the video below, the section tool in 3D space will not allow it, but it will in 2D space. A simple hole block will do the trick though. 

-Spencer

Hi, 

here is the other way ,

image.thumb.png.1c609daf991405eb5d5bad42fab9ec76.png

1. Click part and show hidden edge(Ctrl+E). You can direct select hidden edge

2. Click inside hidden edge line with Pressing Shift key (In Smart Demension tool, If you click without Pressing Shift key at first, Smart Dimension will be show the edge length)

3. Click anything without Pressing Shift key

done

1 hour ago, SSIMMONS said:

Wait, are you talking about in a drawing or in 3D space for reference? In a drawing you should be able to just measure it. And if a drawing is what your talking about, what software? icd or CAXA? As you can see in the video below, the section tool in 3D space will not allow it, but it will in 2D space. A simple hole block will do the trick though. 

-Spencer

Helo, Spencer

if you tuun on Precise mode in section tool, it will be possible to through outside like a attached video at here (I don't know why is not it a default option???)

On 9/24/2022 at 3:38 PM, Bertrand Kim said:

00000009_p.jpg.ec017ebbb0b7218cd2eea2b25242cc33.thumb.jpg.f971283ec61cf2d86393988ae05d8ad0.jpg

Km

Edited by Bertrand Kim