Startup Display refresh problems

WPONG

A strange one --

I've been having troubles with my IC display upon startup.  If I start IC, then open an assembly (simple or complex), the display won't finish refreshing.  This *may* correlate with having been upgraded to windows 11 (unwittingly, grrr), but I'm not sure.  It also does seem that if I have a Microsoft Teams meeting running prior to running IronCAD, the problem occurs  more often.  

Here's what my display looks like when this problem happens.   The scene has successfully loaded, but the display is 'stuck.'  I'm used to seeing this briefly as a scene is loading, but in this case it persists, and no amount of "regenerate display" will help -- I'm unable to ever see my scene.  

I *thought* killing Microsoft Teams would help, but that is inconsistent.  I usually end up having to reboot to solve the problem.

Thoughts?  Thanks much.

image.thumb.png.06eefcc21d49a1f8ca5011db43d1cf79.png

Unfortunately IronCAD 2019 is not supported on Windows 11, to be supported please upgrade to IronCAD 2022 or revert back to Windows 10.

Beyond that, you could try the various Driver Type Options in IronCAD’s Options, Rendering dialog. And/or try updating your Windows graphics driver.

"Beyond that, you could try the various Driver Type Options in IronCAD’s Options, Rendering dialog. And/or try updating your Windows graphics driver."

That would be a first good step. Change the driver type to OpenGl2 or DirectX (probably the latter). You need to reopen the scene after. Otherwise, look at graphic card drive updates for your specific card. 

• 5 months later...

Bump on this thread. 

I've now upgraded to IC2022, and I've tried all the suggestions above

I'm having the same issues as indicated above.  Anytime I have an MS Teams video call, I can't run IronCAD -- it freezes with a display like pictured above.  I'm able to click items in the browser, but the actual 3d display remains frozen as shown. 

This is a major issue for me as I'm unable to collab with clients.  I've been working around this by screenshots taken before the meeting (if I have the presence of mind) and lots of hand-waving.  What is more, the issue is 'permanent' for my session -- whenever I have a Teams meeting, IC exhibits this behavior until I reboot my entire machine to address the issue.  (restarting IC doesn't help).  

Any and all guidance is sought!  Thanks.

--Will   

Edited by WPONG

I have lots of TEAMS meetings with IC running and often share my IC screen. I've not had any problems. I keep IC and the various updates and hotfixes up to date. I'm running with Windows 10 as is the rest of the company I work for.

Thanks all.  FYI, I'm on windows11. 

Not sure if I have the hotfix (would it display on the "about"?.  Here's a screenshot.  And just so I don't botch something if I still lack the hotfix, please line me out on the cleanest way to install...  Thanks again.

image.png.be057cd04b1eec68e2cf6c9650024b9e.png  

Will do.  

1.  The date on my "about" (1/27/2022).  I surmise that I need to apply all subsequent hotfixes, beginning with  HF#1, in sequential order.  Please confirm.

2.  I would assume (yes I know what that spells, hence my question =]) that IC will know what hotfixes I may already have and will smoothly adapt (the reason I ask is that I actually renewed and installed late this year, and I'm not sure if what I received already rolled-up any of these updates)

Thanks,

--Will  

Okay -- all of the updates Cary mentioned are installed (did do the pu1 update first, then the other previously mentioned updates installed fine)  First attempt at a TEAMs meeting worked!   It looks like my issue is solved! (the test meeting wasn't entirely realistic, so will do add'l testing)  Will report back if problems discovered.  Thanks!

--Will 

• Like 1