Inventor 'View cube' on scene positioning plane - equivalent in IC?

HDEAR

Hi all,

We have a new colleague join our team who prior to coming aboard, used Inventor. He liked the 'View Cube which appeared on the RH top of the scene screen.
image.png.94bfe935c22e5ed427e6f0dd24b8b9f8.png

Apart from the 'Front/Back/View etc tool at the bottom,  he is asking is there an IC equivalent that can be placed on the scene like Inventor.

image.png.800d0f2119412b262192a37e1a38333d.png

Hi Harley,

I had a similar experience when starting in IronCAD - the orientation cube in Inventor is really handy.  As you noted, we do have the "Front/Back/TFR/etc" selections along the bottom row (I have most set to keyboard hotkeys), and these are useful, but not quite the same as the cube.

In my first day of using IronCAD, I built my own orientation cube that I use from time-to-time and keep at the top of my catalog.  Although not a perfect solution, it works in a pinch to help me mentally/visually work out certain view angles.  Hope this helps. (Obviously anybody could make this in about 2 minutes, but figured I'd share it anyways).

Best regards,

- Sam

ORIENTATION TOOL.ics

Hi Harley,

Our other CAD software has a similar "Look From" tool that AUTODESK uses within INVENTOR and AUTOCAD, so we're familiar with it (and we like it).

Regarding IRONCAD, there is the option to open the "Camera Picker" Toolbar, and have it floating in the top right corner of the scene (or wherever else you want). You can also dock this Toolbar on the Right, Left or Bottom. Yet another option is to add these Camera Picker buttons to the Quick Access Toolbar as well (which is what we do). See the attached video.

Malcolm