Problems with PDF Export since Product Update 12-4-2021

WAENGENEND

Hello All,

We installed on all our PC's the latest Product Update from 12-4-2021, but now when we would like to export a ICD to PDF, it removes all the sizes, only the arrows show. We escalated it to ironcad immediately but has anyone else these simular problems?

All the best and stay safe

MH 6 D10.pdf

Edited by WAENGENEND

6 hours ago, WAENGENEND said:

Hello All,

We installed on all our PC's the latest Product Update from 12-4-2021, but now when we would like to export a ICD to PDF, it removes all the sizes, only the arrows show. We escalated it to ironcad immediately but has anyone else these simular problems?

All the best and stay safe

MH 6 D10.pdf 2.43 MB · 6 downloads

Yes, it is a bug in the internal exporter in IC. If you print to PDF it comes out fine. If the export button is used, all dimensions, titles, text off leaders, etc. goes away.

- Spencer

Yes the Export to PDF issue is logged and we are working on a Hotfix for that item and should have it and a few other small issues released at the end of the month. Print to PDF using the default Raster or Vector based on sheet contents will work fine and should have addressed the other issues mentioned by Mike.

Good morning everyone,

To piggy-back off of this a bit as well.  I put together a simple test case to help determine what is/isn't working (as I am in the middle of putting together a fairly-extensive detail drawing package for work).  I've attached here the parent ICS and ICD files along with 3 PDFs (using 3 different print/export settings).  The snips below show snips from ICD & the 3 attached PDFs, highlighting the included and missing annotations.  The green highlighter shows the correct/accounted-for annotations.  The yellow highlighter indicates where an annotation is missing in the export.

ICD Capture (Showing All Annotations):

image.thumb.png.3604b96d6e6b4039d71bbd97607271a0.png

The above snip shows the ICD as desired for export/print.

T-01 (EXPORT TO PDF):

image.thumb.png.4e8e3ca8a26c389ff53cb5786ba86ace.png

As others have noted, the above snip shows that the Export to PDF feature does not export dimensions, view names, and other annotations.

T-01 (PRINT TO PDF):

image.thumb.png.5c92c5d5c94658ebe8c3eed24e6f26cd.png

As you can see above, even with the bog-standard "Microsoft Print to PDF" operation, the weld note annotation does not get printed/exported into the PDF correctly (the weld symbols come in fine, but the note does not).

T-01 (NITRO TO PDF):

image.thumb.png.0cae426e3327db999c57265ed24be67d.png

Using Nitro Pro to print to PDF seems to work correctly (although it took two attempts - the first attempt did not correctly print the weld note annotation, the same as "Microsoft Print to PDF").

I hope this helps to narrow-in on a solution, as the export/print to PDF function is integral to getting drawings out the door.

Thanks,

-Sam

TEXT EXPORT TEST.ics TEXT EXPORT TEST.icd T-01 (EXPORT TO PDF).pdf T-01 (PRINT TO PDF).pdf T-01 (NITRO TO PDF).pdf

Our goto is PDFCreator (https://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator/download), that currently seems to work fine for our simple drawings, but I've not gone into the detail yet that you have with welding symbols etc, it may (or not !) work but I'd be interested to know.  Just be careful at installation that it does not also install PDFArchitect its not needed.  PDFCreator installs as a printer driver so can be used from whatever other applications you use.   It's nothing to do with me/us even though I'm biging it up.

Spencer beat me to the punch on this one.

Here are the settings I have tried for Microsoft Print to PDF.

Main Print Dialog:

image.png.45f7a1e05701796489b4f68f5ba2ec96.png

Properties & Advanced Options:

image.thumb.png.b7ca40d27c63a36de6407bbe5bd11e35.png 

And naturally, in setting up these snips, when I used Microsoft Print to PDF this time, the weld note came in as intended.  I haven't changed any settings since the previous post, so I'm at a loss as to what happened between then and now.

Thanks for looking into this a bit further for us, Cary & Kevin!

- Sam

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Morgan

Problem is when you try print as Vector, that leaves only the arrows in the print, Raster will be okey. But the downside is that the files are big when the PDF is printed. 
Change from Vector to Raster and you should be OK untill they fix the problem with Vector. :)

Happy CAD-ding!

//Morgan

Will this also be addressing the BOM being blank and moving on DWG export issue? It works, but you have to often (a majority of the time) do it twice before it will display correctly. Thanks.

- Spencer

1 hour ago, SSIMMONS said:

Will this also be addressing the BOM being blank and moving on DWG export issue? It works, but you have to often (a majority of the time) do it twice before it will display correctly. Thanks.

- Spencer

Has this been filed? If it has, do you know the incident number so that we can test against the changes? 

Cary,

I thought it was, but I cant find it. I will make a different post in Bug section.

- Spencer

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 9:41 AM, Cary OConnor said:

It will be out this week on the community downloads.

Any update on this one? We may be doing a large amount of exports soon, Thanks.

- Spencer

• 2 weeks later...