Copied SM bends not following

HDEAR

Hi all,

I am sure I have a setting wrong, but I can't seem to get a copied bend to follow and increase of stock length after copying - refer video. I am sure I userd to have this working before, but now it's not for some reason.image.thumb.png.4172cc97a8f75f83c85e35db88cde5b2.png

Edited by HDEAR

Even without the video, based on the fact that the option "auto-associate to attached entity" at the bottom of your image only works for (from catalog) dropped items and not copied with the TriBall, as you've probably done? I'm afraid that's why it doesn't work. I might be wrong, but I don't think it has ever been that way.

There are many things that (can) happen when items are dropped from a catalog. When a face/edge/vertex lights up in green some kind of association is usually created, more or less rigid. Compared with a TriBall copy where no association is (ever?) created. For example, compare a TriBall Mirror Linked copy with the Mirror Feature or a TriBall Pattern with the Pattern Feature - very similar in result but very different in structure and function.

You can not use the triball to get an associative mirror of the bend. You can however use Feature -> Mirror Feature and use the edge midpoint as the mirror plane.

Edited by GNÄSLUND

You have to be careful though.  I tested and it looks like when you drop an out bend and use the mirror feature, it does not mirror as an out bend but drops on the edge as standard bend.  So you wind up with a wider part.  You could also try the add miter feature if the two legs are going to be the same length. 

RJ