Printing - Color Configurations (CAXA)

Malcolm Crowe

Within CAXA it is possible to setup different "Printing Color Configurations". That is, to map the colors that are displayed to different colors when printed.

My personal preference is to use a black background in my display with high contrasting colors. However, some of the colors that contrast well against a black background don't contrast well when printed on a white background (paper). We typically print everything as monochrome, so it isn't normally an issue. However, when we need to print to color, we can tell CAXA to map low contrasting colors (like yellow) to a higher contrasting color.

The printing option to use for this is "Linewidth by Color". This option is designed for mapping displayed colors to printed linewidths, but in this instance we are just using it to change the printed color, with the linewidth printing as per the displayed entity linewidth. This is demonstrated in the attached video and images.

Malcolm

Printing Dialog Box - Color Configurations - 2.png

Printing Dialog Box - Color Configurations - 1.png

Printing - Color Configurations - As Displayed.png

Printing - Color Configurations - Linewidth by Color.png

Printing Dialog Box - Color Configurations - 3.png

Edited by Malcolm Crowe
  • Thanks 1

Hi Malcolm.

Is there a way for changing the print colour for text and dimension text?  I was able to make line changes as you have illustrated, but can't find where you change the colour of printed text.

Cheers

Harley

Hi Harley,

The color configuration is based on color mapping (regardless of entity type). Take note of the display color of your text or dimensions and then map that color to your desired print color. In my previous example I mapped the displayed colors "Yellow" and "Cyan" to the printed color "Black". I had both lines and text (in the drawing frame) in those display colors, and they all printed in black.

The attached video includes changing the printed color of dimensions and a leader (currently displaying in green). Everything that is displaying in "Green" is mapped to a different color for printing.

Malcolm

Edited by Malcolm Crowe

• 2 years later...

Hello,

How do I get to the Linetype settings window? I have been looking for it for quite a while, but I am unable to find it. I did find a window also called Linetype settings, but this window is different from the one that you present in your post.

Kind regards,
Martijn

Hi Martijn,

Attached is an updated video (with audio) demonstrating how to load and save Print Styles and Print Linetypes within CAXA DRAFT. Hopefully this answers your question regarding how to open the Linetype Settings dialog box, while also demonstrating other things that may be of interest.

Malcolm

• Thanks 1

• Malcolm Crowe changed the title to Printing - Color Configurations (CAXA)