Views not appearing on ICD from 3D

HDEAR

All of a sudden I cannot get any of the 2D views to appear on my ICD templates ( which have worked perfectly up until now )

The only changes I have made since they worked were;

1) Downloaded the 2017 Service #1 patch, and

2) Removed IC 2016

I have double checked that the links to the ICS file is correct.

I have also opened previous ICD drawing linked to the same file, using the same ICD template, and the 2D drawings appear like they did previously - no change.

Even using standard ICD templates - the 2D views do not show up.

I can get the 2D views in CAXA interestingly enough. Further, the problem of getting ICMech Unold Export to work with fold lines showing, which Jonas helped me fix, still works perfectly so that part of ICD seems to work fine - however that 'Unfold' template is in a completely different part of my computer.

So can anyone suggest what may have happened - either the Service #1patch ( which I doubt ) or removing IC2016 ? More importantly, how do I fix the problem?

3D_view_.JPG

2D_to_3D_view_.JPG

Links_checked.JPG

Nothing_appears.JPG

Edited by HDEAR

Further to the problem, I restarted my computer, worked on some other drawings and then tried to get the ICD 2D view working. This time I came up with the problem that the ICS file couldn't be found - see first attachment.

So I started up a dummy drawing and got the same result - even though the ICS file clearly existed, ICD ( or windows? ) was looking in a previous directory ( see second attachment ). Even when I located the ICS with browse, I couldn't get the 2D views to show up - but they showed up in CAXA.

Weird!

2D_to_3D_can_t_find.JPG

2D_to_3D_cannot_find.JPG

Edited by HDEAR

Hi Harley,

Maybe the uninstallation tweaked some of your file associations. I don't recognize the issue and it shouldn't happen, but I've seen something similar happening on a computer a few years ago. I usually never recommend a complete re-installation, since I believe that most issues can be solved in easier ways.

In this case, since you've removed IC as a last step, maybe you should repair or re-install v2017. It is actually quite fast nowadays. Only original files will be restored, so none of your added templates etc should disappear. But if you replace original files you should keep a backup of them.

Merry Christmas!

Thanks Jonas,

I only took IC2016 off because I thought it would be redundant now I had 2017 working.

What's the best way to re-install 2017? Should I do a complete windows type uninstall and then re-install it again, or should I just run install without uninstalling?

Try running IronCAD 2017 once as Administrator (right-click the IronCAD start icon and select Run as Administrator).

44481[/snapback]

PERFECT! Thanks - so eeeeeeasy blink.gif

Edited by HDEAR