Selecting a solid color for the background quickly

mgajewski

I'm just dropping a color from the Color Catalog onto the background and it changes to that color. This would fail if you currently have the background set to a 3D Environment.

33249[/snapback]

Kevin,

That's what I've tried about a dozen of times and it did not work. My bkgrnd is set to color.

I wonder of something has gone bad with my IronCAD and I have to reinstall it.

I'm not looking forward to that...

Mark

Doesn't work for me either.

33252[/snapback]

Tom,

This makes me wonder if the software is buggy or if there are some weird interactions going on.

I had set my Triball shortcut to "caps lock" key instead of F10 - that's much handier because of the key's location, but I wonder if that confused the software in some way because of the ambiguity of the key's function under these circumstances.

Bottom line, the software is now significantly dysfunctional for me.

As to the background dialog box, it seems to me that the previously available single solid color option has been eliminated.

I'd like to ask IronCAD to put it back in - it may be unimportant to some but to me little things like that add up when it comes to productivity.

Jonas' suggestion was great - or it would be if it worked for you and me. In previous IC versions I know it did work because sometimes I'd accidentally change the background when aiming to apply a texture or color to a part and missing.

And the inability to enter numbers when editing 2D sketches has just grown a lot. In the recent IC versions I was often unable to enter the numeral 1 - so I'd enter 3-2 instead. Now there are a lot of things I cannot enter in the dimension and label boxes.

Perhaps it does have something to do with corrupt customization files?

I'd hate to have to manually redo all of my customizations - especially if there's no certainty this would solve the problem. I do have those files backed up but if they are messed up, what good is that?

dropping a color from catalog works for me.

also selecting background from right click menu works to change the background color.

could it be version related?

I am using 64Bit Version Build Number 10589 Version 14.0 (date 2011-09-13

Dallas

33259[/snapback]

I think it could. I think I'm using the latest version, with the latest hot fix etc. I know that in previous releases these things worked OK, as you describe.

Mark,

Its my opinion (not necessariy fact) that since IC switched to the HOOPS graphic framework that there is alot of issues that still need to be addressed, since I fear that most issues I have are graphic related. that in conjunction with NVidia cards having some of their own issues makes it difficult for IC to get a handle on these "graphics" issues since they are relying on 2 external developeres to align their moons or at least get their bugs worked out.

My 2 cents worth. oh wait inflation... My half cent worth ;-)

Edited by tlehnhaeuser

could it be version related?

I am using 64Bit Version Build Number 10589 Version 14.0 (date 2011-09-13

Dallas

33259[/snapback]

Using the same build version here and drag/drop color from the color catalog doesn't work for me. It did work in previous versions for us too.

Mark,

Its my opinion (not necessariy fact) that since IC switched to the HOOPS graphic framework that there is alot of issues that still need to be addressed, since I fear that most issues I have are graphic related. that in conjunction with NVidia cards having some of their own issues makes it difficult for IC to get a handle on these "graphics" issues since they are relying on 2 external developeres to align their moons or at least get their bugs worked out.

My 2 cents worth. oh wait inflation... My half cent worth ;-)

33264[/snapback]

Tom,

It may well be so. Not wanting to be callous, I think that's their problem.

And to their credit they are not using excuses. If they did, it would be a bit like saying "my dog ate my homework". It does not work in graduate school : )

There is a bug. If you open IRONCAD and start a new scene and drop a color directly into the background it should work. However, if you right-click and access the back ground page, it will not update the color page and if you hit ok, it will revert to the colors listed and then the drop from catalog will no longer function. This will be filed to R&D.

Cary