ProActive BOM and XG

mwalls558626

I am using XG32, soon to be running the 64bit version, but now, when I am using Proactive BOM, it seems to be a little "rough", for lack of a better word. As an example, when I am trying to make an indented list, I am unable to go to a blank line in the BOM, right click, and use the "Select the part" option. When I do that, it just does nothing. It does not go to the part in the tree, and it gives no sort of error. Not very useful. The last version that worked with IronPro, was V10. V11 did not work at all, and that was a real inconvenience. It also seems rough when just picking different assemblies to do an indented list, it makes you select it at least twice before it switches the screen output. I love this application when it runs, and I can't believe that I am the only one missing it. I would like to know the status of this. Once again, I am up against a Solidworks application, and if these little things keep getting in the way, they are going to make me switch over, and I don't want that at all. A little insight here would be great. Thanks guys.

Side note, does anyone else notice that it is harder to pick points and things when selecting them? When I do mate and align, and moves with the Triball, it just seems to be not as smooth. Just curious...

Mike

Thanks for reporting these issues. Some of them probably stopped working when we changed the rendering mode. I'll have support file these issues.

Did you try the ProActiveBom that is included in the IronPro Installation? I believe it is included with the partner add-on. It has been updated in that version a little more than the one in the tools catalog. I will try to test it out tomorrow and let you know.

Cary

There have been many updates in the PROActiveManager tool for IronPRO XT. Here are some examples:

- A new BOM Configuration Manager where you can set up different layouts of the BOM.

- Edit part/assembly BOM information directly in the BOM list.

- Fast and easy creation of single part configurations (to place single part views in the drawing from the assembly file) using the Suppress All Others button combined with a new Create Configuration button.

- Set User Name automatically for single selected parts/assemblies or everything in the scene using a new CustomNameSchema button.

- Jump Search Button to move between objects having the same Part Number.

- Search and Replace text, such as User Name, Part Number, Description, Material name and Custom Properties etc.

There are plans to make short videos describing each tool during next year.