New Adobe Reader 8.0 Full Markup Capability

Guest ebedding

Guest ebedding

The new free Adobe Reader 8.0 has full markup capability of "Enabled" .pdf drawings.

Download:

http://www.adobe.com/products/reader/

I have an old version (7.0) of Acrobat Professional that has the magic button: "Enable for commenting and analysis in Adobe Reader".

It would be amazing if IronCad could add in this "Enable" feature to the existing save as .pdf functionality.

This would really crank up collaboration with other non-Cad people who could markup the .pdf's using the new Reader 8.0.

I'm not sure the Markup stuff works in the REader version (I can't seem to find it). They mention something about online collab, but I don't see it in standalone. You can see comments but not add (at least I can't). Acrobat probably has it. Not sure how they have it working on the 3D at the moment. I will need to test that.

Cary

Guest ebedding

Hi Cary,

I have attached a .pdf that I "enabled" in Acrobat Pro. Save it to your desktop and open it in Adobe Reader 8. You should see the markup tools activated. You will not see the markup tools activated on a standard .pdf that is not enabled. I believe you need to open the .pdf directly in Adobe Reader 8.0 not in a browser window version of pdf.

Erik

I'm not sure the Markup stuff works in the REader version (I can't seem to find it). They mention something about online collab, but I don't see it in standalone. You can see comments but not add (at least I can't). Acrobat probably has it. Not sure how they have it working on the 3D at the moment. I will need to test that.

Cary

16842[/snapback]

63748_09.pdf

How do you get the markups on the 3D sample file that Bernd posted?

Cary

16867[/snapback]

Cary,

when opening this file in Reader (7.0.7 and newer required for full 3D support), the TOOLS menu should have additional entries for comments and markup. I just made a screenshot, but somehow I'm currently unable to upload this file (blank screen after "Add this Attachment").

OK, now I've uploaded it to our website... see the screenshot here:

Adobe Reader Comments

Bernd

Edited by Bernd Meißner