Unable To Delete Files

djohannesen

Hi Davo.

This is a very common problem, not only for IronCAD-files. It can happen to other file types as well.

Last week a user told me about the program "Unlocker". With it you can delete/move/rename files that have been locked by some process in Windows.

After installation you'll get a new option when RM on files, "Unlocker".

I've tested it on some files that I couldn't remove and it did really work!

So for all of you out there who's cursing and swearing over locked IronCAD files that you can't delete or move, try this!

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

unlocker1.7.5.zip

Joans - thanks a lot for the link. Great little program. But shouldn't release IC from the duty to fix the problem. True, other programs suffer from the same problem, but none as badly as IronCAD.

Beat

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Werner Schappacher
Joans - thanks a lot for the link. Great little program. But shouldn't release IC from the duty to fix the problem. True, other programs suffer from the same problem, but none as badly as IronCAD.

Beat

11979[/snapback]

I agree !

I work with a 20MB IC-File. It makes me crazy.

Every second time i try to save the file i get the message that i can't.

I have to save it with as a new filename. That works always.

When i try to delete the old file i can't.

Even a restart of the system doesn't help.

For me it's seems to be a problem of IC.

Is there a limitation for file size???

Werner

I regularly work with scene files of over 120 MB (the one I'm currently working with is 133 MB) and haven't noticed any limitations (with 3 GB of RAM.) Drawing files seem to have a practical limitation when they get up around 250 MB, as it takes several minutes to save and you end up spending more time saving than working. When that happens, I usually start another drawing file and continue from there (sheets 1-16 in drawing 1 and sheets 17-32 in drawing 2, etc.)

-Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Werner Schappacher

I have 2MB of ram and a very large assembly (100MB and some large linked Files).

It is not possible to create a 2D drawing!!

What kind of computer do you use.

Werner

Edited by Werner Schappacher

I'm using a Dell Optiplex GX270, Pentium 4, 3GHz, 3GB RAM, with a NVIDIA Quadro FX 500. My system is a couple years old, but still seems to be working good with IronCAD.

In the past, I've noticed problems in IronCAD when running the NVIDIA Desktop Manager, so I keep that disabled. Make sure you have the 3GB switch enabled in your boot.ini - that seems to help with even as little as 1GB of RAM.

-Mike