Pull down what!

dhovatter

I did not touch that Dos any one else have a problem with the pull down menus popping down when typing text in the drawing, or when editing part name in the scene browser. What I mean by this is I will highlight the Part name and start to type the new name in and the pull down menus will activate as if I had hit Alt and a hot key. Is this My problem or have others had this happen???

Dallas

Dallas could you possibly have hotkeys setup to pull down the menus? IronCAD doesn't detect when you're in text edit mode and cancel the hotkeys.

You could try eliminating the ironcad.tbc file in your user profile. If it's following you from box to box, OS to OS, it sounds like a custom configuration either in IronCAD or in your operating system of some sort. Is it possible that you have configured something outside of ironcad to pull down menus? Can you isolate it down to the exact button pick or sequence?

Guest EricFoy

You're not crazy, Dallas. My system does it too. I've always figured I need to go through and figure out exactly where the problem is, but I've never taken the time.

I think IC4.2 was the first time I experienced it, and I get it once in a while with 5.0. I'm running Win2K.

By the way... Chris sez:

"IronCAD doesn't detect when you're in text edit mode and cancel the hotkeys."

I've always thought that was too bad, because my idea of a hot key is one key that's hot. Having to hold down ctrl or alt in order to invoke a short cut is not as short of a cut as what I would like. (enhancement request)

-Eric

• 1 month later...

ehh........are you typing with a closed fist instead of open hand/fingers? wink.gif

I've seen some pretty wacky stuff but never this. Deleting the ironcad.tbc is always a good place to start but apparently that doesn't help, although, if the ironcad.tbc is deleted from your user profile but it still exists in the All Users profile there's a chance that the problem will remain. You might try searching for all ironcad.tbc files on your entire system and delete them all.

I'll ask the developers for other ideas.

Well, no other ideas. If we can see it we can figure it out. It would help to know what OS you're on.

You can setup hotkeys to work with keys other than alt, such as shift, could that be it?

There's no quick fix or known anything so it's troubleshooting at this point. It needs to be boiled down to a reproducible scenario. Is it only in one specific scene, when you type specific text, on one specific part? Once you boil it down to something reproducible on your system, can you reproduce it on a different workstation?