IronCAD 2023 and explorer.exe

Dipo

Hey Kevin! Yes!

Can we do it on Tuesday 7th?
I'm out of the office until then.
Let me know what time would be good for you.
Thank you! I really appreciate

There is an update coming for Windows 11 with some fixes regarding Explorer and working with archive folders. It is a long shot but could be related. Only available on the "insider" release channel for now though 

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2024/05/03/announcing-windows-11-insider-preview-build-22635-3570-beta-channel/

18 hours ago, IronKevin said:

Can you do Tuesday 7th at 8:30am ET?

Yes! 

I'm sending you a private message with TeamViewer ID and Psw.

Thank you!

Another idea from R&D:

Another thing they can try is:

Add the ironcad installation folder: C:\Program Files\IronCAD\2024, C:\Program Files\IronCAD\2023, ironad.exe and file type: ics, icd, icc to the exclusion list:

1.  Select Start  , then open Settings  . Under Privacy & security  , select Virus & threat protection.

2.  Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings, and then under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions.

file:///C:/Users/kdevoll/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif

3.  Select Add an exclusion, and then select from files, folders, file types, or process. A folder exclusion will apply to all subfolders within the folder as well.

exc.png

• 2 weeks later...

Questions from R&D:

1. Do they have NVIDIA graphical cards?  If so, can they check NVIDIA web site for any graphical card update for  window 11 ?
  2. Do they save/load ironCAD file from folders which sync with other network drives such as onedrive, google drive, dropbox etc?
  3. Do they save/load IronCAD files that are  mapped to a network drive or just a pure local drive?

If it is network drive, can they try to put these files in local drive and will they still have the same issue?

1. Another try is
    1) Go to the taskbar and click on the search bar. Enter: “indexing options”. The indexing options dialogue box will appear.
    2) Click “modify” and then drill down and add folders where your catalogs are to EXCLUDE from indexing and then save.
  2. Do they use any anti-virus softwares such as window defense, Avast, etc? If so, can they add ironcad installation folders and file types such as .ics, icd, *.icc as anti-virus’s excluded list?

I have another funy example. If un install graphic and system download clear driver and install again - all working. But if you restart Windows ironcad not use graphic. You can again uninstall and can work. 

1.  NVIDIA RTX A2000 windows is running all the latest updates

2. No external network drive services

3. All files and  catalogs loaded from a local mapped network drive (this is necessary because I've got colleagues who a working with me in IronCAD)

4. Indexing is only enabled on my local c:/ drive, nothing gets indexed from my network drives.

5. Only Windows Defender, added ICCompose.exe, ICDraft.exe, INOVATE.exe, IRONCAD.exe to the exclusion list. And added C:\Program Files\IronCAD to the inbound/outbound exclusion list.

PC (Notebook) specs:

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics
  • NVIDIA RTX A2000 Graphics Card
  • 32GB RAM
  • Windows 11 Pro

So far all the mods/changes have 0 effect the issue still persists. 

1. 2 nVidia RTX 4050 and 1 Quadro P2000 - latest updates
  2. No external network drive services
  3. The catalogs are loaded from local, the files we work on are loaded from a local mapped network drive. A few months ago we also tried working with the files locally, but nothing changed
  4. 1 PC Defender, 2 PCs Sophos - added ICCompose.exe, ICDraft.exe, INOVATE.exe, IRONCAD.exe to the exclusion list. 

Memory increases continue with explorer.exe, large files cause memory to increase very quickly.

One thing I noticed: If I open the file path (as seen in the image), windows creates another instance of Explorer.exe

Screenshot 2024-05-27 085448.png

Screenshot 2024-05-27 085800.png