`Face to DXF` does not take export ProDrill or Assembly Feature holes

Sam W

I was hoping to use either ProDrill and/or assembly feature to make holes through parts. But I also commonly use 'Face to DXF' for easy part-to-dxf for laser cutting. However, it doesn't seem to take into account either prodrill or assembly features.

Is that intentional? (here is video showing, left to right, assembly feature hole cut out, pro-drilled, or individual parts thru-cut-cylinder)

Edited by Sam W

Hi Sam,

the ExportFace cannot export AssemblyFeatures. These features are not the "real cuts" in the part.

Anyway I have noted a strange behavior. In fact, your IPRDrill feature become suppressed when you drop the tool.

If the feature is suppressed, it cannot be exported.

Looking at the video, you can see that when I drop the ExportFace tool, the holes stay visible.

So I'm wondering way this is happening on your system....

I'm using here the same version of the software that you are using.

Let me know if you have more details.

I hope this make sense to you

M

Yes, I saw that on my computer the hole is being suppressed when I drop `Face to DXF`. Very strange!

Do you mind exporting and sending me your configuration file? I am using 'default' - meaning I deleted my configuration and let Ironcad recreate it - per instructions at

What Build Number is your Ironcad? I uninstalled, and reinstalled, but I'm not sure the latest Update 1, Service Pack 1 Hotfix is actually installing.

398876441_2023-10-1212_35_58-IronCAD.png.58e1bf6085b1722f2f77ebcb38d5d240.png

Edited by Sam W

• 4 months later...