Precision of center 'point' snapping in 2d sketch

Sam W

Is Bug incident # 103312 still a thing?

I was looking at how to consume a sketch to pattern with (rather than just using tri-ball and linking holes).

How do others select the center-point of 3d hole when sketching? It seems that the center-point isn't a fix-point, and lets you move around a bit, depending on how zoomed-in the part is.

Unless I am losing my mind (very real possibility) you can just snap to the center of a hole. But within a 2D sketch, if you are having trouble, just project the holes, snap to it then, delete the projection.

Sorry if I was confusing.

A video is probably best to explain. I can post one tomorrow. I’ll try to explain via text today :).

When I was testing the “snap” accuracy of a center point Ina circle (2d draft) could be off, depending on how zoomed in I was.

With the snap active (green) I was measuring +-.003 y/x moving my cursor around but still green.

However, Zoomed-out it kept the same x/y.

So that didn’t give me confidence that I could use it reliably.

Like I said, I’ll post a video to demonstrate.

Thanks for the video. Use the click is not "Snapping" to the highlighted point in that process. We will file to R*D to see what that is not working correctly. It is actually using the exact arrow location or tends to snap to Grid (in some cases when it is set not to snap to grid).