Intellishape Surface Reshaping - Taper Start Position - How is this determined?

Malcolm Crowe

Something that I've never understood, is how IRONCAD determines the default "Taper Start Position" when using Intellishape Surface Reshaping. It seems completely random or illogical to me; and I don't see how this default position is useful at all. Is someone able to enlighten me?

I've read the "Help" material regarding this, but I don't find the description to be helpful. :huh:

Malcolm

IRONCAD - Intellishape Surface Reshaping - Taper Start Position.png

11 hours ago, Malcolm Crowe said:

Something that I've never understood, is how IRONCAD determines the default "Taper Start Position" when using Intellishape Surface Reshaping. It seems completely random or illogical to me; and I don't see how this default position is useful at all. Is someone able to enlighten me?

I've read the "Help" material regarding this, but I don't find the description to be helpful. :huh:

Malcolm

IRONCAD - Intellishape Surface Reshaping - Taper Start Position.png

Haha so weird. Me and a colleague were talking about this just yesterday and we hadn't used the feature in probably four years.

It is with the L anchor short leg where it points opposite is 0° at. I used cap more often before with Trispectives where it showed the point of the cap you can move around to offset the cap of center, useful as surface control. It disappeared when it was IC.

Edited by jolizon590016