welding symbol

Sharath

9 minutes ago, Sarath Sasi said:

Hi Anyone know that how to create welding symbol like the picture below in ICD ? the default one is just the arrow to a point but i need the black spot at the end 

Thanks

welding symbol.JPG

As far as I know there is no tool to do this like you would see in AutoCAD.

Hi Sarath,

I realise that you were specifically asking regarding ICD, but CAXA has this Weld Bead capability. The attached video starts with demonstrating how to create Stacked Weld Symbols in CAXA, but from around the 1:37 mark, the video then demonstrates the Weld Bead tool in CAXA.

Malcolm

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Malcolm Crowe said:

Hi Sarath,

I realise that you were specifically asking regarding ICD, but CAXA has this Weld Bead capability. The attached video starts with demonstrating how to create Stacked Weld Symbols in CAXA, but from around the 1:37 mark, the video then demonstrates the Weld Bead tool in CAXA.

Malcolm

Thanks Malcolm

I only familiar with ICD , never used CAXA , looks like CAXA have more options than ICD 

I think I have to start using CAXA

14 hours ago, Sarath Sasi said:

Thanks Malcolm

I only familiar with ICD , never used CAXA , looks like CAXA have more options than ICD 

I think I have to start using CAXA

A PDF file of Malcolm's comparative analysis of CAXA and ICD is uploaded.
In my case, the comparison table was very helpful.

So I have a lot of expectations for CAXA enhancement, but I am often disappointed because there are few parts that are upgraded every time.

We have delved into CAXA a handful of times, but we always end up coming back to ICD. ICD seems to suit our purposes better (though CAXA does have much more functionality). As for weld symbols, if you use the correct ones there is no need for visual display of the symbol itself unless you don't trust the person actually welding it or think its not clear enough, in which case we add a specific detail or section to accommodate. My company was all 2D AutoCAD and I was brought in to start doing 3D and it certainly was a culture shock to start not using those symbols (weld geometry representation), but we quickly realized they are not needed.

-Spencer

Thanks all 

I actually manage custom made one 

this is the way I made it , not sure its the right way but its worked

Made a triangle with sketch tool in ICD and  then fill color it and then group all together save it in the catalog as left and right 

welding symbol.JPG