Smartmodel

Sharath

Can someone please show me how to setup smart model on this small conveyor . I can only make them the ends following the length of the sheet. 

1 - I don't know how to add belt return rollers when I am increasing the conveyor length 

2 - I created design variation for the conveyor width but don't know how to stretch the drive and idler end shaft according to the width of the conveyor

3 - How to increase the belt length 

I seen some of the advanced smart model training videos , its not showing what i am really after here

Thanks

smartmodel test.ics

This is a model I created a few years ago after watching a video. For your reference.
I can't find the original video, but if I do, I'll upload it.

Parametric_Pkg.ics

Edited by tgjang

Hi,

1. If you want to control quantity of return rollers by parameter, you need to use "pattern"

1.ics 

2. You can use drive and idler' sizebox to strech it

2.ics

Kim

Hi,

3. Simply, you can use sektcs' Locked Smart Dimension drving by parameter. Alternatively, you can use Project constraints in Structured part. ThereisavideofromCarysomewhereinthisforum

(Does this forum have limited size of upload video? I could not upload the video over 100Mb how I could achieve below file)

I will send videos if you contact to me dhdevstudio@gmail.com

3.ics

And sorry, I couldn't find why "designlength value changes strangely when I change the design variation to 200wide.

Klim

On 6/29/2023 at 6:14 AM, Cary OConnor said:

Similar to what Kim stated, you need to add additional parameters. Another option is the Stretch tool but you need to use it without constraints and you would need to consider how some of the spaced object need to move. Here is a video showing some of these concepts.

Hi Cary,

Do you know whiy if this model goes into outliers and unexpected values when you change it to 200wide>? That is really weird for me

Hi Cary,

Never mind. I just fixed it.

Kim