IS IT POSSIBLE TO I PUT AN IMAGE ON DRAWING?

arfa

Hello ironcad community,

1.Can i put an image or company logo on this table drawing ?
2.Can i set as default drawing template that i modified?

Thank you and Forgive me if my English is not good. 

test.png

2 hours ago, arfa said:

Sorry @IronKevin

I have saved as a template with a picture, but when I use the template on a new drawing, the picture is missing, may I know why? is the picture not allowed to be saved as a template?

Hi arfa,

Hm... a picture with template is working at here, can you record your screen with process?

Kim

Edited by Bertrand Kim

1 hour ago, Bertrand Kim said:

Hi arfa,

Hm... a picture with template is working at here, can you record your screen with process?

Kim

Hi @Bertrand Kim,

sorry that my laptop has a little problem to record the screen but I will explain how I do it

1. I modified the sheet by placing a picture
2. then I save it as a template for catalogs

image.png.1cb12e6b21912b53b829313f9156b5de.png

3. then I move the file in the template file just like the file that is directed in the directories

image.thumb.png.7f6e78ff90e8535e55dd64a8f994dea9.png

image.thumb.png.0ccf4e9d0a2ae68d53ecef0b87747f3d.png

4. then I made a new drawing using the template I had saved a while ago and what I got was no picture in the drawing

image.png.d6cc20ce8704982916a41c50d7242fc5.png

is my way correct? forgive me if you are still not clear

Yes, I also lost my picture when I followed your method.

Try to save the template with "Save As" tool instead "Save as Template for Catalog"

I'm sure tew new tool "Save as Template for Catalog" that is deliveried with IronCAD2023 makes lost a picture.

Kim

Edited by Bertrand Kim

7 hours ago, IronKevin said:

Just drag and drop the image on the sheet.

Save as Template (the template folder can be found in Options, Directories.

Hi Kevin, when do we need to use "Save as Template for Catalog" tool instead Save? What's different?

I am not sure why this isn't working, but we use an image and have for years. I may suggest trying several different/ common file extensions for your image. If you are not well versed in changing image formats easily, something like convertio can be used to do it for you.

11 hours ago, IronKevin said:

"Save as Template for Catalog"  should be for if you are going to add the sheet to the Catalog.

Thanks Kevin, is it a bug that the "Save as Template for Catalog" tool can't save pictures to ICD file, or is this intended behavior?

14 hours ago, Bertrand Kim said:

Yes, I also lost my picture when I followed your method.

Try to save the template with "Save As" tool instead "Save as Template for Catalog"

I'm sure tew new tool "Save as Template for Catalog" that is deliveried with IronCAD2023 makes lost a picture.

Kim

Thank you so much , its worked

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2023 at 9:34 AM, Bertrand Kim said:

Thanks Kevin, is it a bug that the "Save as Template for Catalog" tool can't save pictures to ICD file, or is this intended behavior?

????

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2023 at 12:55 AM, Bertrand Kim said:

????

????

On 7/22/2023 at 12:59 AM, Bertrand Kim said:

????

????

The Save As Template for Catalog command was created to allow users to create Drawing Title Block catalog items.  Like the ones in the ANSI Templates and ISO Templates catalogs.  This command is different from the normal Save As because it only saves drawing elements that are assigned to a Layer with the Template option ON.  Note that by default, when images are dropped onto a drawing they are put under a Group and the Group element does not have a Layer assignment.  We group the image to more easily resize it.  After the image is resized, you can UnGroup it and assign the image directly to the Logo layer (which by default has the Template option ON).

To add an ICD to the Catalog, you use the Object command in the Right Mouse popup menu in a catalog.  Select "Create from File".  Then Browse to the ICD that was saved using the Save as Template for Catalog command.

ansi-template-catalog.png

Template-flag.png

Add ICD Object to catalog.png

A3-logo.icd

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2023 at 12:42 AM, Bill C said:

The Save As Template for Catalog command was created to allow users to create Drawing Title Block catalog items.  Like the ones in the ANSI Templates and ISO Templates catalogs.  This command is different from the normal Save As because it only saves drawing elements that are assigned to a Layer with the Template option ON.  Note that by default, when images are dropped onto a drawing they are put under a Group and the Group element does not have a Layer assignment.  We group the image to more easily resize it.  After the image is resized, you can UnGroup it and assign the image directly to the Logo layer (which by default has the Template option ON).

To add an ICD to the Catalog, you use the Object command in the Right Mouse popup menu in a catalog.  Select "Create from File".  Then Browse to the ICD that was saved using the Save as Template for Catalog command.

ansi-template-catalog.png

Template-flag.png

Add ICD Object to catalog.png

A3-logo.icd 1.99 MB · 2 downloads

Greate, Thanks