CAXA - How can I disassociate Dimensions from the object?

Hi folks,

It is [disassociate] command in AutoCAD. There isn't this command in CAXA, so... can I disassociate Dimensions from the object manually?

Kim

Thanks Kevin, I forgot there was a way to do explode :lol:

Kim

Hi Kim,

I found your request to be very strange, because I don't know why you would want to disassociate dimensions from their geometry. However, there is a workaround when it comes to linear dimensions, where you can drag the end of one of the Extension Lines away from the geometry and place it back again. This breaks the association. There is also a document specific setting within Options that you may not be aware of also. These are demonstrated in the attached video.

Malcolm

• Thanks 1

Hi Malcolm, 

Thanks for showing me the options. Now let me solve your curiosity.

The reason I was looking for a way to disassociate dimensions is because 1. When dimensions lose their reference (Dimensions that changed to yellow) 2. If I copy&paste those into a other space where another view already exists, sometimes the dimensions fly off into outer space like my ICBM.  

Thanks again!!

Kim

• Thanks 1

Hi Kim,

Thanks for sharing your reasons. I find it really annoying when dimensions lose their association and need to be replaced, so I can understand why you would want to place them without associations in the first place. Even though I don't copy and paste dimensions between views myself, this second reason also makes sense. Thanks again.

Malcolm