Curved screens vs flat screens

rsaucier

Hi

I've been using a curved monitor for a few years now (for the gaming and movies). It felt weird at first, but once I got used to it, I didn't notice any discomfort at all. Now I'm using a large flat screen monitor again, and when I moved from a curved monitor to a flat one, the screen looked very convex. 

The only downside of a curved monitor in my experience was that the screen gets squished if my head was not in the right place(it was a big problem beacuase I normlly watch movies lying down in a chair). 

Kim

Edited by Bertrand Kim

I use several of both and the only concern I would have with a curved monitor is getting below 32" because the curve will just be detrimental at that point. The wider monitor seems to be A LOT easier to use on a day to day. and if you have two, they sit very well side by side, but you would need to be in a chair in front of them for it to be useful. I use mine as a gaming monitor mostly. Think of it as a lens, your head needing to be at the focal point where the ant would be burning. Only the ant is your head and the curve is only in one plane. I have loved it though and for a desk and chair application it is nice for sure.

-Spencer

Sorry about the ant analogy, it just seemed the clearest way to describe it.

Edited by SSIMMONS