Perspective on vs off

rsaucier

Modeling with perspective off vs on  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you model with perspective on or off

• I model with perspective on
    • I model with perspective off

Hi folks,

I'm curious which industries do you work who voted to Perspective on? Architecture? or Design?

Kim

Edited by Bertrand Kim

I voted Perspective on. Sheet-metal and engineering fabrication design industry. My colleague who sits next to me in the office is 100% perspective OFF so when we try and work on each other's screen we have to make the change to make it work for us.

Even when I was drafting by hand in the mid 60's on, isometric always felt alien to me and I never liked it. In fact, I even made up perspective backing sheets I could trace over to make my 3D models look decent ( in my opinion ).

And no, there's nothing wrong with my eyesight. I just had it checked the other day and am still in the top 2% of the country's population in terms of 20/20 vision.

Seems designing in perspective makes me the odd one out :rolleyes:

Edited by HDEAR
  • Haha 1

I work with mostly sheet metal and large industrial machine design and I cant stand working with perspective. However, I do 3D animation for advertisements etc. also and I do use it for that (Blender). So both?

Side Note: My eyesight is horrific. I haven't known where I am for ten years....help

Edited by SSIMMONS
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SSIMMONS said:

Side Note: My eyesight is horrific. I haven't known where I am for ten years....help

Couldn't help myself Spencer - 

16 hours ago, HDEAR said:

Couldn't help myself Spencer - 

Haha well done sir

I've voted but only made a comment at this time. I use mostly perspective switch off. It works with isometric view T.F_ and B.F, however if I leave the screen on those set view for a break or a call, I loose it and switch perspective or go back to Plan View to reorient my sense of space. I suffer from occasional vertigo if I am tired or the eye glass is out of alignment. Perspective is perfect for the finished assembly model. Regards and have the tune in our heads.

Joseph

Edited by jolizon590016