Problem in CAXADRAFT of THRU holes

YEO

THRU holes are problematic if you input dimensions from CAXA DRAFT.

Only COUTER BORE is properly recognized as THRU, and HOLE and TAP are inputted as depth.

Of course, I applied the display mode of THRU HOLE as an option. 

Was it intended? Bug?

This can lead to major problems if the designer does not notice. If you pay attention to this, you will get tired.

image.png.413d81a8abe782efb4934308c37e6553.png

Edited by YEO

For those users that don't use IC Mech, I recommend using the "Custom Hole" tool on the Ribbon Bar rather than the similar tool in the Tools Catalog, as you can easily create your own catalog of Custom Holes, for then dragging and dropping onto Parts as required. It's the quickest way to create drilled holes. See the attached demonstration video.

Malcolm

Edited by Malcolm Crowe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi folks,

I didn't realize "Custom Hole" was a solution for this, I'll have to try to get more familiar with "Custom Hole", I've always been a pain in the ass to manually modify them.

Thanks all ^_^

Kim

My testing with IC2023SP1 shows that there is different behavior in ICD and EXB.  Both are wrong but to different degree, therefore I will file separate QAs for the errors in ICD and EXB.  For EXB it seems that the Through Hole setting from IronCAD Custom Holes and IC Mechanical Custom Holes is not being recognized for simple holes.  Also not recognized for IronCAD Custom Hole for the counter-bore case.

For ICD, it seems that the Through Hole setting is not being recognized for all simple holes regardless of whether they are from the Custom Hole Tool, IC Mechanical, or IronCAD Tools.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...