Structured Frames - Adding Custom Shapes and Sizing Data

Malcolm Crowe

Within the "Structured Parts" tab of the Ribbon Bar in IRONCAD 2023, within the "Structured Frame" panel, a new tool has been added named "Add Custom Structured Frame". This newly added tool enables users to add their own Custom Shapes based on 2D Sketches and Size Data (which can be entered directly or imported from an Excel Spreadsheet).

In the attached video I have tried to demonstrate the process involved. Pages 4 - 6 of the attached reference document also covers this.

Malcolm

IRONCAD - Structured Frames - 20230312.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Nice way to finish off the weekend Malcom. Thanks. This so helpful as I have about 10 different extrusion shapes I'd like to use in  this new feature.

@Cary OConnor I reckon videos like this should go into the IC Academy training video list.

Harley

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Harley,

This was prompted by your post regarding Weldments back on the 5th March. I chose not to reply back then, as I thought a more compressive explanation would be more helpful to you (and others). An important part of understanding Structured Frames is understanding how BOMs within 2D Drawings reference them (as this is different to regular Parts and Assemblies). This was the reason for the other post regarding "Bodies" displayed in BOMs. This all required some preparation on my part (along with the supporting reference document). :)

Malcolm

Edited by Malcolm Crowe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2