Split a 3D curve with the same length

emil.rindell

Is there a way to split a 3D curve into separate curves with a specific length. For example if we got a curve that kind of look like this:image.png.10ccd2f627cae1f321785fcc8dcd17d8.png

How could I split it in a proper way and with a specific length each cuts. Along the curve we're gonna sweep a pipe. The pipe is bought 6 meters per pipe. Like this but in the real model its more advanced:

image.thumb.png.2a6c9183c806531c586b09fd43575755.png

My first idea was to create the whole sweep at first and then cut it in 6 meter pieces, "issue" is that you're going to have the rest of the intellishape visible when editing the sweep. Any ideas how to do this in a proper way?

Hi emil

Place a line, move it around with the triball, and then split the 3D curve.
When using Points to split the 3D curve, there is an issue with using the triball to move the position of Points.

Kim

:P

After splitting curves in edit mode, you can easily extract each split curve outside of edit mode.
Okay, I confess, my IQ is lower than that of a chimpanzee, can you explain this in more detail?
Do you want to split that long, long straight section into 6-meter increments (to add flanges to connect pipes), with keep the preview in the Sweep tool? Is the length of that straight line fixed?

10 hours ago, emil.rindell said:

"issue" is that you're going to have the rest of the intellishape visible when editing the sweep

Attached is a video demonstrating a couple of options available for not displaying the Sweep Intellishape during 3D Curve Editing.

1. Innovative Part: Right-click in scene during editing, select "Show" then select "Hide Edited Intellishape"

2. Structured Part: By default the following Sweep Intellishape won't be displayed.

Malcolm

• Like 1