Extend part to a point on another plane

Gigi

In the photo attached, I'd like to extend the green sheet metal part along it's axis until it hits the centerline of the fitting on the wall behind it. Does that make sense?

I tried "to point" and the center of that fitting, but IronCad doesn't understand. Also tried "to midpoint of two points or edge. 

is there a trick for this?

And a related question, I'd also like to know how to rotate the part around one end until the other end hits a certain plane. For instance if you're making a ramp. You start with a horizontal part and raise the other end by a certain vertical distance... 

PXL_20221227_032954635.jpg

Edited by Gigi

On 12/27/2022 at 4:00 PM, Gigi said:

I'll try that. If the cylinder runs past the plane I'm extending then can I use it as the point to extend to? I'll try it

Didn't work as I thought it might... Maybe this is what you did... Extend the sheet metal flap too far, and extend a calendar out of the middle of the port past the sheet meta. Then trim the cylinder to the sheet metal part and I can extend the sheet metal flap to the center of the trimmed cylinder. 

On 12/28/2022 at 3:45 AM, Gigi said:

And a related question, I'd also like to knock how to rotate around one end until the other end hits a certain plane. For instance if you're making a ramp. You start with a horizontal part and rais one end by a certain vertical distance... 

Hi Gigi,

Like this?

PositioningwithSmartDimensions.ics

Kim