CAXA - Sub assembly BOM

Bertrand Kim

Hi,

SubAssembliesInCAXA.icsSubAssembliesInCAXA.exb TreatAsPart.ics TreatAsPart.exb

I want to make a Sub Assembly in SubAssembliesInCAXA.exb. So if I make TreatAsPart assembly to Treat as part, I can not expand them in the Sub Assembly drawing. I have no idea how to solve it without using Import level or a dummy part :D

Is CAXA possible editing the BOM tree like ICD's Structured BOM?

For example :

I made this drawing, here is too crowded to expand the sub assembly(In red box) in this drawing.

image.thumb.png.985d20b1228bd9e5777f632fca829a84.png

Kim

Edited by Bertrand Kim

Hi,

Here is a workaround.

Kim

38 minutes ago, Malcolm Crowe said:

Hi Kim,

The link below is to a post regarding combining Assembly and Part Levels within a BOM in CAXA DRAFT.

This may help you achieve what you want, or at least give you a better idea of what is currently possible.

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

Thank you, the nice example! Well.. I can use Multiple import level for Multiple BOMs! B)

Kim

Hi all,

I failed making Sub assembly BOM with Malcolm's tip.

This is one the failure photos :

This is what I want to get :

1677278860_SubAssemblyinCAXA.drawio.png.1f1457cdc8f62d604ff04d2b489683bb.png

This is my last resort (I really didn't want to do it, but there was no way):

I made marvelous wrapper assemblies and controlled that with "Import level" :P

image.png.b3e7ce95ff111382359221cbea7d5eac.pngimage.png.c848cbf5a5aa258c1c4668e11567b309.png

Kim

Hi Kim,

You haven't followed the "Tip" video correctly. It is important that the reference files used for the 3D BOM are the same files used for Generating the Views. Try the following:

1. Externally save the Assembly as 4A260 BRACKET LOADING. This is the primary file that the following steps 2 and 3 will be referencing.

2. Start a new scene and insert the Assembly file created above. Save this file as 4A260 BRACKET LOADING - BOM Level 2 (Sub-Assemblies)

3. Start a new scene and insert the Assembly file created in step 1. Save this file as 4A260 BRACKET LOADING - BOM Level 3 (Parts)

4. Within your CAXA drawing, generating views using the new files from steps 2 and 3.

5. Within your CAXA drawing, insert a 3D BOM referencing the file from step 2, and set the Import Level to level 2 (sub-assemblies).

6. Within your CAXA drawing, insert a 3D BOM referencing the file from step 3, and set the Import Level to level 3 (parts).

The rest of the details as per the video in the "Tip" forum post.

Malcolm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In this situation work with sub assembly required in scene 3d make configuration view with only some sub assmebly (other must be supress) . Then when create BOM you need select config. Also better is in scene 3d add ID part because if you have many drawings the same part have the same ID number. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This request had been filed by CAXA team at 2023-2-1