HoleDimension setting in CAXA

LEE MENG CHE

17 hours ago, IronKevin said:

I don't see it but I will check with CAXA Support.

Hi Kevin,

Can I fix those depths to zero?

Currently :

image.thumb.png.6d59b8cf68d10bf7dcfa1e4e28e6ec37.png

With None

image.thumb.png.0ccb3eb162ee70828c7341343a701df8.png

With None with 0 Depths 

image.thumb.png.18789673a328bb4cf3ed6fe36470bddf.png

I want to set this to the default

If I use transfer Depths to drawing option on holes, I can't use Hole Dimension on holes in CAXA.

Kim

There is a trick to setting the default behavior for the Hole Dimension tool. Instead of left-clicking to place the dimension, right-click to open the dialog box. Any changes that you make here will be treated as the defaults for future dimensions that you place. Again, the right-click to open the dialog box is the trick. This is demonstrated in the attached video.

Malcolm

Edited by Malcolm Crowe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Malcolm Crowe said:

There is a trick to setting the default behavior for the Hole Dimension tool. Instead of left-clicking to place the dimension, right-click to open the dialog box. Any changes that you make here will be treated as the defaults for future dimensions that you place. Again, the right-click to open the dialog box is the trick. This is demonstrated in the attached video.

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

Wow that works, how did you find that? :D

Thank you

Kim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, everybody

I hope CAXA's HoleDimension tool will be treat as well with threads

Kim

Edited by Bertrand Kim

Hi Kim,

If I understand what you want correctly, you want the ability to turn off the depth of the drilled hole (the lower note). I think it would be good to have a button (toggle) next to the depth of both the Upper and Lower notes, for controlling the display of these, as it isn't always wanted (such as when depths are already dimensioned in Section Views). See the attached image.

Apart from having to delete the Lower depth every time you place a hole dimension, CAXA will remember the other settings that you want in the Upper Note. In the attached video and image, I've used the Upper Suffix 1 to add your "TD". So, maybe this will help you a little bit.

Malcolm

CAXA 2022 - Hole Dimension - Unable to Turn Off Depths.png

Edited by Malcolm Crowe
  • Haha 1

Hi Malcolm,

Yes hahaha that is what I exactly wanted :D

I'm using td of threads in IPROholes for using ICD just in case. So I have to delete those two depths everytime.

image.thumb.png.31ab7414b36db0a75ca1c9006cc748a9.png

I want if CAXA to improve the productivity when I use HoleDimension to alternate between regular holes and threads.

Kim

• 9 months later...
On 11/11/2022 at 4:40 AM, Malcolm Crowe said:

Malcolm

Hi guys, what do you think about also save all settings with left click instead of right click? It would take a psycho like Malcolm to figure out what right click does.

Kim