[Solved] ICD - How can I create item bubble for top level assembly in Indented list BOM?

Bertrand Kim

Hi

Is it possible selecting top level assembly (have item number) or Can I edit Itembubble's text?

Purpose

Top level items have their own sheets(those have item bubbles for children), so in this main sheet, Me want to make itembubbles only for top level assembles.

I can use Qleader, but I want to make auto updating text or number with the scene.

Thanks

Kim

Edited by Bertrand Kim

• Bertrand Kim changed the title to ICD - How can I create item bubble for top level assembly in Indented list BOM?

Create configuration where you copy an unlinked version of the assembly and suppress this in the default configuration. Set this new configuration to suppress the other one. set the default to expand in BOM and set the configuration version to treat as part. Generate BOM from each independently. Then bubble.

Have you tried to create a Structured BOM? That should achieve what you are looking to do. On the Main Sheet, create a BOM and select Structured at the bottom of the list of types of BOM's. Once created, you can edit it to expand and collapse it to build the structured you need and the item bubbles to match.

Thank you, Spencer.

I think it'll be faster to draw an item bubble lol

Booom! T a n k y o u Cary! Me haven't known there was expand icon in a Structured BOM. So I coulnd't figure out what is different between Structured BOM and Top level only BOM!!! I will now be the preacher of a structured BOM! It is what Me was loocking for many months!

Sadly, it is only working if I recreate View. Okay, it is so easy to make.

Salud!

Kim

00001074_p.thumb.jpg.fb9f8a5dc7040d0e9ed2e1512a34f0cc.jpg

• Bertrand Kim changed the title to [Solved] ICD - How can I create item bubble for top level assembly in Indented list BOM?