Catalog sorting tips

IronKevin

• 1 year later...

Hey Kevin, I know this tip is 2 years old but I did just learn you could rearrange the items by shift+dragging so that's nice. I wanted to know if there was a way to regenerate the item thumbnail after it has been added to a catalog if you were to go in and edit that item.  Often I'll go in and make changes to smartpaint properties and wanted to know if they could be updated without having to drag them out of the catalog, edit, and drag back in.  I'm trying to make changes to a material label catalog of smart paints someone else created and want to update the preview thumbnail.

image.png.f673817747375dfb1b373f5778f3b956.png

25 minutes ago, LSMITH said:

Hey Kevin, I know this tip is 2 years old but I did just learn you could rearrange the items by shift+dragging so that's nice. I wanted to know if there was a way to regenerate the item thumbnail after it has been added to a catalog if you were to go in and edit that item.  Often I'll go in and make changes to smartpaint properties and wanted to know if they could be updated without having to drag them out of the catalog, edit, and drag back in.  I'm trying to make changes to a material label catalog of smart paints someone else created and want to update the preview thumbnail.

I'd couldn't find the function what you want(I remember I tried it before). For now, the best way to do is add something&delete something.

However, I think it will be good if it is changed when we do "Regenerate Catalog Item"

Kim

Edited by Bertrand Kim

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2024 at 1:54 AM, LSMITH said:

Hi I created the Catalog Icon creator only using ChatGPT3.5&Codpen in just one hour without any coding for only you and me, I couldn't test if it works or not in IronCAD because my homes system don't has the license of the IronCAD. but I think it will work becuase I can see those files in .png.

image.thumb.png.45e9dd749373a0afdb1882e8c9e1da81.png

https://bertrank.github.io/IronCADCatalogIconCreator/

https://chat.openai.com/share/b30efe30-1763-46ae-86e6-53e9938204d0

Do you have any idea to put in there?

For me,,,

1. I wanted automatic color inversion of text based on background brightness, but the AI didn't understand.

2. The AI did not understand about Alpha value

3. Icon's shape selecting - circle or triangle or rectangle or any polygons...

4. Using as the background the photo I upload.

Kim

Edited by Bertrand Kim