Dashed lines print as solid lines [SOLVED]

MB-Furniture

[SOLVED]
I had to press the Enable/Disable Related button under Linetype settings in the Linetype settings window.

image.thumb.png.249d793db4f445ea07e752f74242aaa9.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ORIGINAL POST]

Hello everyone,

When printing a CAXA page to pdf or on the printer, all the lines become solid, There is no distinction between center, dashed and solid lines other than their colour. They all become solid.
I read on a forum for AutoCAD that it had something to do with Line Types, could this be the same for IronCAD? Either way, I am unable to get it working again on my own. Do any of you have suggestions?

I have attached a couple of screenshots of possible settings that might be wrong. 

Kind regards, 
Martijn 

image.thumb.png.b523ef79ca0903edbb43edc8322a0d19.png.50e35608c6f00093dd804612ea7c3381.png

image.thumb.png.c997e4642c10472cad81e5b41147a937.png

image.thumb.png.4724d46bec35e19df5dd3aa570962d93.png

Edited by MB-Furniture
Problem was solved

15 hours ago, IronKevin said:

Can you post your file, we can look into it. If you don’t want to post it here you can send it to support@ironcad.com

Good morning Kevin,

Below I have added files of the Print Dialog window and the Linetype Settings window, you should be able to load these into your program. I've also opened a completely new and blank draft document and tried if in this file it was fixed, but no. I don't think it is file related, so it must be something with the print settings.

If you need any more information, please feel free to ask.

Thanks for helping me out,
Martijn

Print Dialog.psf Linetype Settings.plf Draft Document1.exb

Hi Kevin. Did you get the same result with Microsoft Print to PDF? I always use this and not the EXB To PDF.drv

Is there any major advantage of one over the other?

image.png.b7638c1264cac1e0164a2e8a47c7900e.png

15 hours ago, IronKevin said:

I opened your EXB, printed to PDF with these settings:

image.png

and got this PDF file:

Draft Document1.pdfFetching info...

Hello Kevin,

I printed the document this again using these settings, and printing EXB to PDF, there was no change in result. All the lines are still solid. Did you also try it with loading both setting files I sent you?
The Linetype Settings file can be loaded when you press Edit LType > Load Style at the bottom of the print window.

Kind regards,
Martijn

On 7/15/2022 at 3:58 PM, IronKevin said:

Just try the default settings.

Good morning Kevin,

I found the problem.
Since I don't know how to set the settings to default, I decided to just press buttons and see what happens. I had to press Enable/Disable Related under Linetype settings in the Linetype settings window.

Thanks for the help,
Martijn

image.thumb.png.9ad8c09963308d225f1825b17fef0ce8.png

• MB-Furniture changed the title to Dashed lines print as solid lines [SOLVED]