caxa text styles

hEINSTEIN

Hi 

I made a drawing template with all the corrct styles.

Now if someone else opens drawing it does not have the fonts available that I have used, how do I fix this?

Since the \Program Files folder is protected by Windows UAC (User Account Control) you must first copy the files to another folder. It isn't possible (I think) to copy from a mapped (network) drive and paste directly to a folder under \Program Files.

First paste to a "temporary folder" on your Desktop. Then you can copy/move the files on your local machine. Just say Yes to the UAC question when you paste the files to the ...\Font folder.

When you open a *.DWG/*.DXF/*.EXB file that has a font file which you cannot read/find - a "replacement font" will be set instead. This is message only comes up one time per *.SHX file. The next time you open a file which uses that *.SHX file you won't get any question.

If the incorrect fonts have been read once, then you must remove a temporary file/folder where the "replacement font" has been set. This is being stored in the "Roaming" folder for CAXA:

%appdata%\CAXA\CAXA CAD CXIC-INT-IRONCAD 2022 (x64)\22.0\Temp

I think it is the file named BigFont.ini that should be removed, but I think it is fine to remove the whole folder. Most stuff there will be recreated when you run IRONCAD again.

This is what I get every time I open a DFX or DWG in CAXA. I just hit 'Cancel all' but it is annoying having it come up every time I must say.

Harley

CAXA DXF opening text.jpg